The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » TA - Coin Bend (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Just writing here... I performed again the coin bend on the Paul Harris TA set.. It got a bad review from David Penn on Wizard Product Review (Possibly cause he sells a coin bender?) But, I really like the impromptu part of this effect. Of course, going to a house w/nothing, performing some card tricks (really good ones, nonetheless) but after going outside to refill my beer Smile I had a penny and bent it right outside in their garage.. I won't tip the method but it's always awesome and you can basically bend a coin anywhere.

Now, I performed this effect a lot last year, but got away, when people started to either assume that I 'switched' the coin and one time, I got called out in performance.. after calling attention to my hands empty (like suggested on the DVD set) the one was like, but whats in your elbow?! EKK! So, I got away from it.. but last night I decided to try it again.

Here's a tip; Don't say 'my hands are empty', mainly cuz you can do it by clearly showing your hands empty front & back (enough said), but then when you do the steal, do it more of a gesture, rather than spending time to show what you going to do. Just grab the hidden coin and say we are going to use your elbow. Which, btw... its the ONLY way to perform it.. in the spectator's elbow, not yours like the DVD shows.

Needless to say, with those few touches & variations from the DVD presentation, it's a great trick! My response from the guy & owner of the house & party.. in his own words - "You know the card tricks assume me, but went you bent the coin... I can't even begin to understand how it's done" He later went on and said that he has tried to bend a penny before.. of course, falling the course of my presentation.. I replied.. well, now you did it! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » TA - Coin Bend (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL