The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Police Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ew-XbVanvM

It’s no secret that magic can be a very effective tool to help educate children. The challenge is to find someone who can combine fun entertainment with solid educational content to make a children’s program both engaging and informative. Enter Glenn Hester. As an active duty police officer, Glenn is very familiar with the risks and dangers facing children. He is also a very accomplished magician. Drawing on his professional expertise and personal interest in magic, Glenn uses his talents to present safety programs to children. His recently released DVD, “Police Magic,” is designed for magicians who are interested in developing educational programs around issues of child safety.

In this information-packed DVD, Glenn uses magic routines such as the die box, sponge balls, and thumb cuffs to highlight the important topics of home security, stranger danger, drugs, tobacco and alcohol, guns and carnival cons. One of the problems I’ve noticed with magicians who attempt to do educational shows for children is that they often do so without truly researching their topics. For example, it’s not enough to do a bunch of unrelated magic tricks and then throw in the line, “Hey kids, don’t do drugs!” One of the most valuable things you’ll get from this DVD is the appropriate language to use when you talk about these issues with kids.

Because of Glenn’s background in law enforcement and his experience delivering community programs, this is an invaluable resource. There is also detailed information about how to effectively use a puppet. This is especially useful for elementary school audiences. Glenn has included clips of him working in front of school audiences so you can see him in action. He also delivers additional ideas and information in a studio-type setting. There is more than enough information on this DVD to help you put together a very effective safety program of your own. Highly recommended.

Available from http://www.policemagic.com
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Thank you James, for the great review and making the promo video for me. If anyone is interested, contact Magic Ian Garrison at magicians@aol.com as he handles the dvd sales.

Glenn
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

On the site where you order, there will be another promo that Magic Ian did for the dvd. If anyone has any questions regarding any of the routines, I will be most happy to answer any questions you may have. Just email me at glenn@policemagic.com and I will answer them as soon as I see them.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
648 Posts

I don't know if this site has anything to do with it, but my website has had many hits on it. If so, thank you all.

Glenn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Police Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL