The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The once and future magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Hello,

I'm Howlin' Hobbit--Ukulele Ace. I'm a professional musician and busker in Seattle, WA.

I was a magician from age 8 until about age 26. Due to a number of factors (most of which you don't want to hear about) I stopped doing magic... almost 30 years ago. (I'm 54 now.)

I've been thinking about taking it up again for a while, but the itch has gotten especially itchy in the last couple years. So now I'm doing something about it.

I found the Magic Café via a search on "6 card repeat" because that's one of the routines I used to do. I'm trying to re-create some of my old routines and in the case of 6 card repeat I can remember the gaff I used, most all of the patter, but not one important detail. (I'm trying to be as vague as possible here because this is--to the best of my knowledge--a searchable area of this forum.)

I still have some wonderful memories of my previous magic career and, if everything goes as planned, I'll be switching gears between music and magic from here on out.

Thanks for being here!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome howlinhobbit,

And welcome back to Magic.

After you post 50 posts in the Magic fora (not "Our New Arrivals" or "Not Very Magical, Still") you can ask directly in "Secret Sessions" which is not searchable by the public.

Thank you for your discretion.

-Mary Mowder
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thanks for the welcome, Mary.

Quote:
On 2012-12-26 14:35, Mary Mowder wrote:
After you post 50 posts in the Magic fora (not "Our New Arrivals" or "Not Very Magical, Still") you can ask directly in "Secret Sessions" which is not searchable by the public.

I know about the Secret Sessions -- I'm a weird old guy who tends to patiently read the "READ THIS FIRST!" topics on a new forum. Smile -- but as it happens I know a local magician who'll clue me in on the 6 card bit.

I've known the guy so long that we actually met when I was still doing magic! by a not-so-strange coincidence, he's a member here, though I'll just email him directly.

meanwhile I'm puttering around in the vast amount of material here and it's sparking a lot of good ideas and also occasionally jogging my memory on stuff I used to do.

thanks again!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café.
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thank you, spartacus.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Howlinhobbit,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thanks for the welcome, Dr. Tora.
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
Welcome from a fifty something guy that also put magic on the back burner for a lot of years.
Philip Busk
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Must be something in the water. Smile

thanks for the welcome, Philip.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
As an old MAgician, who has been introduced as a MUsician, 80 gezillion times (!) --(YES)-- I would welcome thee to this motley group. Of course, after this brief note, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!

Our Ground rules: (actually just suggestions)

#1 Never leave home without a clean TT!
#2 If you miss the force, or lose the break: drop the whole deck on the floor and do a coin trick.
$3 If the pull "motivator" snaps, say OUCH--darn those fleas!"
#4 Never! Never! say to a "kid" audience: "Now, I would like someone to come up here and help me." (especially if it's a birthday pary)
#5 Never call a silk a silk.
#6 Never say: "Here I have an ordinary ___________"
#7 If "they" are watching your hands when you are about to do the pass--stomp your foot,and say, "Darn those cockroaches!"

And now a "blessing" from an old, (and somewhat decrepit) prestoparciliopist:

May your square circle never be empty. May your pull never break. May the batteries in your wand never die.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thanks much for the welcome, Dick.
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Welcome!
Love the 'once and future magician bit'
I noticed your fez.
Is it part of your costume or are you a travelling man?

There are a lot of great and interesting people here. I hope you enjoy the stay!
M°
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thanks for the welcome, Marlowe.

I just really like fezzes. the one in the pic is one of five that I own. it and three of the others are made by a friend of mine. you can find him and his products at Fez-o-rama.

I actually wrote a song about the one I'm wearing in my avatar pic. you can check out a video of the tune here if you'd like.
mralincoln
View Profile
Loyal user
If I wasn't so busy, I'd have more than
219 Posts

Profile of mralincoln
Welcome! Glad to hear of your revived interest in magic! Enjoy the Café!
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Thanks much for the welcome, mralincoln.
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Fezzes are cool...
BTW..thanks, I've got... 'hes a coconut monkey'...
stuck in my head..<g>
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Quote:
On 2013-01-26 17:09, Marlowe wrote:
BTW..thanks, I've got... 'hes a coconut monkey'...
stuck in my head..<g>

those are words that songwriters like to hear. thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The once and future magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL