The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tie Knot by Lee Ang-Hsuan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Does anyone use this? I am thinking of getting it but I couldn't find any reviews of it anywhere.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I can review what I saw on the demo video. I saw a Sands rope routine with a tie.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Thanks but I'm just really wondering if the tie/gimmick is convenient to wear. I guess not too many people have this? I wonder why?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Years ago I had a superb tie trick called blendo tie (4 stars in Genii magazine). The only ones to buy it were emcees as a quick effect. Ties are not universally accepted as casual wear, so you are limited. In Florida, no-one wears a tie except for a few at work. Ties are also a changing style item. Your question is, do you wear a tie now, is it stylish, do you have several colors dependent upon your outfit colors? The gimmick on that tie looks like it is attached as a costume and not truly worn, but applied.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Here in Los Angeles people wear a lot of ties, plus when I'm performing I think it would be pretty natural or normal to wear a tie. Where can I find your blendo effect? I'd definately be interested in that.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Simply watching the demo video says it is not worth purchasing. Note if one has any experience with the current trends in rope magic, it is very recognizable routine.

The thing that kills it for me, is when he has supposedly have the ends in his pocket, and the tie in his hands still have the pointed ends on them. Right there it tells you something does not add up.

A wide ribbon or tie does not work well with many of the rope moves, that is why it has not been used previously. In today's magic market, they seem to put every idea up for sale, even if it is bad and does not make any sense.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Thanks Bill, you might be right because I havent seen one single review of this
marketingguru
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of marketingguru
I own the trick but can't do it. I cant follow along with his video - as he doesn't tell you what he is doing (doesn't speak). does anyone have an english version? or know what rope routine this is and where I can buy that?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have much success with the oriental DVDs by turning off the sound, many times they play music, and that distracts your concentration from the video. There is no one source for the moves, as he took them from different creators.

The reason it is silent, is because he feels he does not speak English very well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Tie Knot by Lee Ang-Hsuan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL