The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Feel/Sound of Half Crowns (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Digitalyosh
View Profile
New user
Southern California
76 Posts

Profile of Digitalyosh
Hi, I've been wondering how the Half Crowns in 50% silver feel compared to their counterpart 90% silver? I've only used the 64' Kennedy and love the feeling of them and hoping that I would get the same experience with the half crowns. My only concern is the sound of clad makes my teeth hurt from unfortunate fillings in my teeth as a child. If the ring still sounds like silver then I would not mind picking a few of these coins up on Ebay. Thanks once again.
Current things to work on: Everything loops, Pinky count, Coins coins coins...
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Half crowns are beautiful coins, a bit bigger than half dollars. Kainoa Harbottle uses them.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I like to use soft half crowns occasionally. The 50% silver half crowns have a fairly nice ring to them, but certainly not the true ring of the 90% silver.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Don't you use half crowns Mike?
;)
"But there isn't a door"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Older half crowns have more silver and the sound can change if you clean the coins.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Happy Birthday Michael Rubinstein !

John
Nothing is better than more.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hey Tom, I have those beautiful coins, thanks to you!! Thank you John for the wishes.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
You're very welcome Mike.
A belated Happy Birthday to you.

Up until 1920 half crown contained a higher silver content than the post 1920 coins.
These were 50% silver.
"But there isn't a door"
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
I believe that the 1920 Brithish half crown have a 50% silver content.
•Prior to 1920, British silver coins contained 92.5% (Sterling) silver.
•From 1920 to 1946, British silver coins contained 50% silver. These would be the post 1919 coins.
•From 1947 to 1971, some denominations of British pre-decimal coins issued for circulation were "silver-colored," however these coins were made of copper-nickel, and contained no silver.
Digitalyosh
View Profile
New user
Southern California
76 Posts

Profile of Digitalyosh
Thanks for the information guys. I've decided to start off with purchasing one off ebay, a nice 1887 Victoria reign half crown. They looks gorgeous and hope it's what I'm looking for. If not then at least the coin is worth something.
Current things to work on: Everything loops, Pinky count, Coins coins coins...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Feel/Sound of Half Crowns (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL