The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine's next big trick... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Hey all,
I was just thinking about David Blaine's last big stunt in the UK, called something like "Above the Below" or "Behind the Below", and I still can't see the point behind it. After all Tibetan monks used to do that sort of thing all the time.

Was he trying to sell the latest fad diet; you know, live on nothing but water for 44 days and do it in public so that the Mrs. can't accuse of sneaking off to the chip shop?

Or was he trying to prove something, say maybe a fact?

Like, erm let's say its not all in a mime's head.

They are actually physically bound inside a glass box and just because we can't see it doesn't mean that it is isn't actually there surounding them.

If this was the point, was he proving that because he didn't believe in the box, therefore the box wasn't there? (Mind over matter or something like that? I think therefore it's not.) This is getting way too metaphysical for me.

What I am really trying to find out is what his next big thing is going to be?
Anyone got any suggestions?

Michael A.
:swordbasket:

BTW if anyone does know what the point of his previous illusion was please tell me. I mean if he is trying to revive Tibetan meditation techniques I think he is going about it in completely the wrong fashion.
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
How about a stunt showing us the magical vanishing audience interest?
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Quote:
I still can't see the point behind it.

The point was to get people's attention, and to keep his name out there.

Judging by the press coverage he received, it worked.

He wasn't trying to revive anything, and I've yet to hear him claim that he was trying to make any kind of point.
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Yeah, but I still can't see the exact point behind it. But I suppose as they say, all publicity is good publicity.

As I heard someone suggest to me about a week ago, his next big trick will be balancing on the top of the Millenium Spike in Dublin for 72 hours before losing his balance, landing on the top of an ambulance, and being rushed off to the hospital. Smile

Michael A.

P.S. Below are some links to Images of the Dublin Millenium Spike
http://www.archeire.com/onsite/spike_con......lge.html
http://www.irelandposters.com/dublin/dub......res.html
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David Blaine's next big trick... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL