The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Do you tell your wife/partner/spouse? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've been married three times. I remember my first wife, who also was my assistant , getting very hurt when II wouldn't tell her a secret. We got divorced.

My second wife always wanted to know, and I never told her. She died.

My third wife was extremely perspicacious. It was quite difficult too fool her . We are separated.

So all in all I would have to conclude that if you want to get rid of your wife, magic secrets are an excellent way to do it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magic_man_jim
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of magic_man_jim
This is very interesting thread to see the difference in so many relationships.

Personally I let my fiance in on the secrets and she has also been my assistant for many of shows.

Coming from a long relationship with her I know that in the beginning when we were dating and much yonger I did not share magic with her besides showing her along with others routines.

Years later she confronted that she was interested in my magic and felt that if she was going to be with me that she wanted to know more about what I do. Along with that she felt like magic was taking time away from her with all the time and money I put into it.

So along with many other posters I have seen it's 2 fold. If I want to continue to do magic and keep a relationship there has to be a place we meet in the middle. I share my magic with her and let her know all she wants to. Then of course there are times she could care less and doesn't want to see another deck of cards.

She is in for it now however. I have been away from performing for a while do to other personal reasons but have hit back into it with vengeanc. So we will see how she acts now
Magic is not to fool...but allows you to believe!

Jim Boothe
www.jimboothemagic.com
jim@jimboothemagic.com
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
This discussion reminds me of the hilarious scene from LadyKillers when one of the criminals brought his girlfriend along with him to their group's top secret meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw-OxIg0V9M
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2013, Jim Sparx wrote:
Sleeping on a couch on a three dog cold night ain't much fun."

Hi, I know its and old thread and an old post.... but ...

I have never heard the phrase "a three dog cold night" before. What's it mean and where did it come from?

Cheers!
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
So cold that it take cuddling up with three dogs to keep warm.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
My GF is my first audience for every trick I learn. Sometimes, when I think I'm ready to show the routine to other people, I ask her if she wants to know the trick. Sometimes she really wants to know, sometimes she doesn't. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Do you tell your wife/partner/spouse? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL