The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flower Production Box (Dream Bag) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

skelley
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of skelley
Has anyone seen a jumbo Flower Production box that is brown with no writing or image on the side of the bag? I'm having a terrible time finding one. I've ordered several from all over, but they all seem to be a different color or are brown with a hat that has MAGIC written at the bottom.

Thanks for your help!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The ones I use are red with white poka dots on the bag.
they have no writing on them or any other images on them.
I get them from madhatter magic site.
todd
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Check with the Magic Nook: http://magicnook.com/magictricks.htm for information and supplies on building your own.

Ed
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The bag is just a bag. Get a brown paper bag from your local grocery store if they still have them.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
The color of bottom of the flower boxes matches the color of the bag.
You can then display the inside of the bag, before the production, and it is seen empty.

I don't know if that is typical but that's how mine is made.
Ihor
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mine too Ihop a important feature.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
So you get two brown bags and cut one up to paste over the bottoms of the boxes. You really only need one brown bottom unless you insist on showing the bag empty every time you produce a new box.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 22:55, jimgerrish wrote:
So you get two brown bags and cut one up to paste over the bottoms of the boxes. You really only need one brown bottom unless you insist on showing the bag empty every time you produce a new box.

That will work.
Also, the bag and the flower boxes have to have the same dimensions. Length & width.
Ihor
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 07:25, Ihop wrote:
That will work.
Also, the bag and the flower boxes have to have the same dimensions. Length & width.

Not necessarily. That's only true for the cookie-cutter magician who is limited to performing a trick according to the dealer's instructions. Flower production boxes can be made in all sizes and shapes for those who know how to treat them as any other production item for hat loads, etc. This is all described in Spellbinder's e-Book "Flowers That Bloom With a Spring" in The Wizards' Journal #21. A skilled magician can produce the boxes (and other things) from a borrowed ladies' handbag as well as from a borrowed hat. Aspire to be more and to do more and you can and will.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Thank you for your inspiring wisdom!
But I was under the strong imkpression that the OP was looking to purchase a brown paper bag and not a "borrowed ladies' handbag as well as from a borrowed hat."

But thanks for correcting me. Even though I am 65 years old I will aspire to be more. You are a very wise person.

LOL
:smiles:
Ihor
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Sorry if I offended anyone. I only meant that the same techniques of loading could be applied to a large grocery bag from the supermarket if one wasn't limited to concealing the boxes in exactly the same way as the store-bought prop. To all who prefer to buy their magic ready-made with no skill required, I apologize.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I would say for this effect ready-made is the way to go.
I buy mine for 12 bucks and the skill level is the same.
the patter and presentation is what makes this effect magical.
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
517 Posts

Profile of spatrick
If you can find a magic dealer with a Robbins wholesale account, they can order for you the jumbo 9and regular) sets you are looking for. They also sell replacement bags for both sizes.

S. Patrick
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 20:59, bowers wrote:
the patter and presentation is what makes this effect magical.

I agree. Try this presentation with your ready-made bag: Talk about how magicians find magic everywhere, even in an ordinary paper lunch bag. Show bag, open it, invert it over a kid's head and ask him if he sees the magic yet. Remove bag from his head and ask him what he saw inside the bag. "Did you see the flowers?" Reach into bag and remove one realistic spring flower. "There's another one in there. Can you see it?" Both of you look in bag together. You reach in and remove another flower, a real one this time. "Here give this to your girl friend (or mom)." Show bag to audience. "One or two flowers from a big bag like this may not seem very magical. But when the bag fills up with flowers, that's another story!" Pour out dozens of red roses. Call your helper back up to help catch them in a large punch bowl or parasol. "That's the country version. Here's the city version." Reach in and produce your first crystal flower box. "This is the way you buy them from the florist." Produce your whole stash of boxes, one by one. "One thing you should never do is examine the bag too closely, looking for the magic. When you try to take it apart, when you try to figure it out ..." ...Tearing up bag... "You'll never find magic in it again." Suddenly restore bag. "Unless you are a magician."
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Who sells a well made Dream bag
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flower Production Box (Dream Bag) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL