The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review required: Elegant Card Magic of Rafael Benatar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
I'm thinking of getting into elegant card magic along the lines of the Acanio and Duvivier. Material which is suitable for parlour settings with minimalist handling.

Does anybody have this video and what are your opinions of it? I am especially interested in the Ascanio sleights.

Thanks.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have them, but I don´t like them very much. I haven´t watched them for a long time because I didn´t like them at all. The only good thing in my opinion was the Ascanio sleights and double lift section but all the routines and tricks were just horrible.
Also Benetar speaks not so good english and his performance style is very slow and explanations even slower. It is hadr to stay awake when watching these tapes, but that is just my opinion.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I love 2 effects from the tapes, Countdown and Photomat. I don't really care for the rest, but if you get 1 item from a tape or book, they say it's worth it. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
Thanks for the input. Joseph, could you elaborate on what you liked about those 2 effects you mentioned and why the rest were not up to scratch? Actually, I was quite interested in getting the tapes partly just for the Ascanio sleights.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Photomat is a card to pocket effect that requires no heat at the critical moment, and uses Williamson's peel off signature for a superb overall effect. Countdown is a four kings to one packet effect, with a real surprise ending.(regular deck for both items)The Ascanio section is very informative, and the double lift section will take a lot of work to do them like he does. My opinion of the Ascanio and double lift variations is that they are not 100%, since he messes some of them up on the tape. I would stick to a good double lift and the original Ascanio, but I would give the tapes a good overall review only because of the 2 items I mentioned before. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review required: Elegant Card Magic of Rafael Benatar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL