The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Great silk act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like Fantasio's silk act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wl5VQ6hYDo
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Even with the fumbles (even a practiced pro can have a prop not work exactly as it was supposed to - the Rice blendo for example) and flaws that was a nice little act. I think it was a put together act to have a more or less second spot. It was not his main, well rehearsed, well polished act. I especially liked his use of the double dove holders to produce two silk fountains near the beginning of the spot.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio told me this act was put together specifically for one of the first color televised Ed Sullivan Shows. Still a work of art.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Considering that the 1967 appearance of Fantasio on the Sullivan Show was in color, one wonders why TPTB at Andrew Solt's SOFA Entertainment decided that for the DVD "Ed Sullivan Presents Amazing Stars of Magic"
http://www.edsullivan.com/products/the-e......f-magic/
they would use a Fantasio black and white performance from 9/12/1965??? For that appearance, Fantasio performed: dove production from silk; multiplying candles; serpent silk; another dove; torn and restored newspaper; mouth coil production; dove from paper coil; and for the finale: four balloons to four doves.

Was the 1967 appearance of Fantasio included on another SOFA DVD? Or maybe Fantasio himself preferred that they broadcast his earlier appearance?

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
msmagic1
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of msmagic1
Wonderful Act
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Great silk act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL