The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ouija board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aldiamo
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of aldiamo
Hello,

Could you point me towards the right direction in the internet where I can buy a good quality, ungimmicked Ouija board?

Thanks,

Al
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
Watch Ebay - I picked up a perfectly good Fulton for eight bucks cause it didn't have a box!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Why,not gimmicked?
You do not have to use the gimmick...
But,it is nice to have if nothing is going on with the board!
Just,saying! Smile

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Check out unleashyourdreams.co.uk I have several items of theirs and they are very good. They also are very quick at answerin any questions you may have.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
What would a "gimmicked" Quija Board do?
I think you might get more use out of a nicely built ungimmicked.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 22:34, friend2cptsolo wrote:
What would a "gimmicked" Quija Board do?
I think you might get more use out of a nicely built ungimmicked.

We will talk,when you get 50 post and down in the crypt!

Kind of gave a answer above,"You do not have to use the gimmick!"

But,gives a option.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I prefer normal Ouija boards myself. My preference is the Parker Brother boards from the 60s and 70s. They bought the Fuld design and manufactured up the road from me in Salem, MA. I grew up with these, and are the boards most people are aware of. I have some specialty boards as well. Search for spirit board and talking board as well as Ouija and you will see some fantastic boards. Letter tiles or cards can be used as well, but bringing out the 1967 board and telling the story on how this is the same type board used in the movie the Exorcist, and how it was locked away for decades after the movie came out, and you have just built up the courage to use it...

I stay away from the Halloween toys (they are sold as such by Halloween prop companies). But some people enjoy these and can create entertaining bits with them. There are some clever specialty items that should not be discussed here (as Godzilla mentions).

Tony
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 22:17, george1953 wrote:
Check out unleashyourdreams.co.uk I have several items of theirs and they are very good. They also are very quick at answerin any questions you may have.

I second this recommendation. I've had dealings with Simon from Unleash your Dreams and it was all good. I'm a repeat customer.

Brynmore
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 21:13, aldiamo wrote:
Hello,

Could you point me towards the right direction in the internet where I can buy a good quality, ungimmicked Ouija board?

Thanks,

Al

Al,

This thread might also be of interst to you:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

Brynmore.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I have a "Parker Brothers" one from the 60s - except that mine was marketed by Waddingtons. It got them into a lot of trouble here and wasn't on sale for long.

I find it gets sticky when I don't use it for a while; a good rub with a soft dry cloth cures that. There's also a small design flaw with the planchette; do you look at the tip of the pointer or through the window? I've covered the window up to save confusion.

Barry
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
PM'd you

Thought that was better than a blatant plug in the thread. Smile

steve
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Have not bought one myself yet, but ouija-board-store.com has some pretty nice looking boards in many styles. Anyone have one?

Marc
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Here is my blatant plug for Stephen's boards! His layout pattern is not the same as the board the lay public has stuck their minds. Its fresh. Many lay people are genuinely freaked out by the mere sight of the OJ board, but I haven't have that reaction with Stephen's (truth be told, I only have two data points as I've only had it for a week). His boards are substantial enough the don't suggest 'board game' and not so much as to suggest any foolery.

But I need not praise any further. Read on:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=14&35

I posted a picture of my board from Stephen ready for action. (Look carefully in the lower right and see the WA box I assembled complete with Witches dinner photo.)
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Why thank you sir.
You are indeed a gentleman.

Steve
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I do have to give a shout out for, "The Mirror Board"!
She,is a beauty that Stephen made for me!

~G
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
True story: My wife is a pretty good litmus test for things spooky. She was raised in a household that spooky objects were ‘evil’ and were banned, the OJ included. She’s gotten used to spooky things over the years, but if she’s creeped out by something I bring home, I know it’ll creep out most people. When I bought my first OJ board, she said ‘I’m not letting you bring that THING in the house until you’ve checked all the mezuzah scrolls in the house [to ensure they are not flawed]”. Of course, I complied...shalom be’biet, you know. Not more than a week later, the mezuzah fell off the front door frame! Of course, it was my wife who found it laying on the ground. Was something trying to get past it and get in? Spooky, no?

Jazzed up a bit, I retell this story replacing OJ board with whatever I’m introducing to a group of unsuspecting specs. Its one of my favourites.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Nice story. and those based in truth are always the most hard hitting in my experience.

steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Ouija board (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL