The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Request an Idea for a simple, self working trick with queens (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RamiK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of RamiK
Hi,

My 9 years old and a friend will be dressing up for Purim (holiday) as cards: the queen of clubs and queen of hearts. They asked to quip them with a card trick they can perform that would match the custom.
It has to be easy to do with no sleight of hand, should not require a table, and preferably not use a whole deck. I thought of Gordon Been’s Entourage, but it requires some skill and I don’t want them to expose the secret accidently.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Rami
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
"Twisted Sisters" comes to mind but you will need a small table for that.
Ihor
RamiK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of RamiK
Thanks. The reasons for not using the twisted sisters are the same as mentioned above.
I came up with a version of a trick with 4 aces - I forgot its name.
Spectator chooses a number between 10 and 20. That number of cards is counted from the top of the deck. The digits of the selected number are summarized and the card at this position is put aside.
This is repeated for a 2nd time.
The two chosen cards will be the 2 queens that matches the dressing.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Get a Svengali deck with a queen force. For simple slight of hand I would recommend "Wild Card" A stack of nines all become queens.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Sorry to double post but I don't see an edit option....
The Svengali can be done with no table and Wild card would need a table. Most magic shops will be able to tell you what the force is on their decks.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Do ""Two Card Monte" with the red and the black queen stuck back to back and two other cards stuck face-to-face to make a double backer. Nine-year olds can manage this nicely.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
You can add to ross welford's idea by having the girls request that you remove the two queens from a deck of cards. You search through the deck, "find" the double back first and then the double queen and hand them the two cards. The audience thinks they received two separate queens and the mystery is intensified as a result.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Request an Idea for a simple, self working trick with queens (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL