The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » (ill-fated) Cruise Jokes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I heard a couple of cruise jokes, based on the recent fiasco of a cruise that has been in the news.

If you have a twisted sense of humor like I do, feel free to participate. If not, no problem...

"They should have docked at St. Johns."

"Cruise reading list included 'The Origin of the Feces' "
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
A little more twisted as this dates back to when I was in secondary school (about 14yrs old- so 24 years ago) after a car ferry had capsized.

Was it not one of thoes new tangled car ferries? "Roll on, roll off, roll over"

I don't get the docked at St. John's one though.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 04:55, dave_matkin wrote:

Perhaps it would make more sense to you if it read "St. Loo's", except there IS a St. John's Island in the Carribean.

All those people who camped out on the deck... now they understand the phrase, the poop deck.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ah I forgot about the American translation of what us English gentilmen refer to as the "Water Closet". Now that I remember the American Vernacular " The John"!

Where does that particular word for the WC originate from? The term John not the stuff that goes in it!

Poop deck ....now that I found very funny!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Is it from John Harington?

We (I mean the yobs, the poor, the lower classes and commoners etc ...not myself as an English gentleman) sometimes refer to it as the "Crapper" after Thomas Crapper.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Some fellow is actually building an exact replica of the Titanic. Which should be safe now there is no ice left.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 06:00, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 04:55, dave_matkin wrote:

Perhaps it would make more sense to you if it read "St. Loo's", except there IS a St. John's Island in the Carribean.

All those people who camped out on the deck... now they understand the phrase, the poop deck.

I didn't get it either. I was just thinking of Newfoundland and wondering what was so funny (apart from the accent.)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Mind you, I was merely guessing at the meaning of the St. Johns reference. Perhaps Chessman can clear that up for us all.

Speaking of the Titanic, Tommy (not to be be confused with Titanic Thompsom... I used a comma), I heard this lastest cruise ship fail referred to on Facebook as "The Turdtanic".
~michael baker
The Magic Company
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Nice!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 10:20, Michael Baker wrote:
Mind you, I was merely guessing at the meaning of the St. Johns reference. Perhaps Chessman can clear that up for us all.

Yes, indeed, the St. Johns reference was in regard to people needing a toilet/john, in which case docking at St. Johns would be expedient Smile

Quote:
Speaking of the Titanic, Tommy (not to be be confused with Titanic Thompsom... I used a comma), I heard this latest cruise ship fail referred to on Facebook as "The Turdtanic".

Score!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
"In New York City the garbage men are on strike. It's just like a Carnival Cruise buffet." Compliments of David Letterman.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
One would think that a boat with that many people on it someone would have had the small amount of thought required to either urinate and defecate over the side or organize the distribution of buckets/containers (I can think of several workable receptacles in the kitchen) to do it in and then toss over the side to empty. Pain in the tush to do no doubt but much better than wallowing in a pile of it while floating in the worlds biggest waste receptacle.
That they did not is the joke.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 07:06, tommy wrote:
Some fellow is actually building an exact replica of the Titanic. Which should be safe now there is no ice left.

Unfortunately, if the people navigating the boat believe that too, it will more than likely end up like the first Titanic!
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Next time I go on a cruise, I'll stop by Costco and pick up several boxes of plastic bags to take w/ me. If something like this happens again, I'll make a fortune.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-02-20 14:28, George Ledo wrote:
Next time I go on a cruise, I'll stop by Costco and pick up several boxes of plastic bags to take w/ me. If something like this happens again, I'll make a fortune.

Add baby wipes to that. In my job, I sometimes use outhouses. Baby wipes get the job done quickly and easily, so you are in and out as fast as possible.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 15:27, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 07:06, tommy wrote:

Unfortunately, if the people navigating the boat believe that too, it will more than likely end up like the first Titanic!

You're right, since there's much more glacial ice breaking off in the last ten years.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » (ill-fated) Cruise Jokes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL