The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » TV Magic - Any Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
I'm about to film some magic for a sky channel around the 'street magic' theme. Just wondering if anyone can think of anyideas that are a bit different and not so run of the mill? There will be 2 cameras and we'll be around a town centre.

Cheers,

Oli
Insomniacs Dream
View Profile
New user
Port Glasgow in scotland
67 Posts

Profile of Insomniacs Dream
How did you go about getting in contact with the sky channel

alan
If i never sleep wy does it feel like im dreaming
Blainer
View Profile
New user
Crewkerne, Somerset, England
4 Posts

Profile of Blainer
Cool, what time of the year are you going to be on sky? And what is the name of the programe?
Thanks
Blainer
Smile
"Do not fear the future as one day it will be the past"

Purest of magic
Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
Through a contact I have. I work in TV anyway so I'm always hearing of programme ideas etc. It hasn't been filmed yet and I'm not to sure when the TX date will be although I shall keep you posted.

Oli
Insomniacs Dream
View Profile
New user
Port Glasgow in scotland
67 Posts

I'm trying to get some tv work at the moment, its killing me lol but congratulati=ons, I i have any ideas ill be sure to tell you and keep us posted

alan
Oli
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
46 Posts

Profile of Oli
Cheers Alan,

To be honest, there are so many TV companies looking to produce magic shows at the moment (including mine!!) as it's become quite 'cool'. So if you hunt around you should get some exposure. The trouble is there are only so many hip concepts you can produce before you start to go around in circles.

Over here we already have Monkey Magic, 50 Greatest Tricks, Greatest Magic ever, Magick, Derren Brown etc. With the expection of the Greatest series, all work on the street magic principle (Derren Brown being slightly less about full-on magic). Magick tried to take the wierd route which worked well, but I know of another company that is close to producing a series a bit like it, but much more dark.

It seems that you can repackage effects many times but to have a concept that with be completley different is getting harder to do! My advice is to get a camera and go and film some of your own stuff and do it like that. Would be a lot more fun as well!

Oli
Markus Pocus
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Markus Pocus
Don't do street magic, do l33t magic like me (Marcus). It is what TV is crying out for.

Smile Smile
Insomniacs Dream
View Profile
New user
Port Glasgow in scotland
67 Posts

Yeas I am form scotland and I saw all the shows lol, if you want I have a few concepts ill be relesing on a dvd soon, if you want to pm me we can chat about you using them

alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » TV Magic - Any Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL