The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hug by Nefesch (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On May 1, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
Writeall,

Many "name" magicians poured out lofty praise for Hug, and it was frustrating because it was hyped for such a long time with no indication of what Hug actually was.

I managed to see a demo video and my take on this is that it is a startling piece of body art/magic that is over in about 30 seconds. The two problems (other than the severely overdone hype) were 1)- it had a $50 price tag, and 2)- it is limited to a very specific body type - slim build, thin, and requires a high degree of flexibility. My guess is that body type excludes many, if not most, people. And I can imagine that would have really upset a lot of folks! Most comments I saw from those who did purchase Hug mentioned they were going to have to lose some weight and do a lot of stretching.

Hope that helps explain all the negative posts!

Jim

Yeah, I think I got it.

Probably what upsets me the most is what the whole thing says about me. How flawed am I that I would consider spending the money on a mere hint of something amazing, without having any idea of what I was buying? I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed because of this weakness for hype, because I've been burned before and keep coming back. "Sir, may I have another?"

If it were just other people making the same mistake over and over, I'd have a laugh at them and toss out some sharp mockery. Doesn't feel as good when I'm the one repeating the error. Thanks to the community I didn't get shafted this time. What about next time and the time after that?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On May 1, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
My guess is that body type excludes many, if not most, people. And I can imagine that would have really upset a lot of folks! Most comments I saw from those who did purchase Hug mentioned they were going to have to lose some weight and do a lot of stretching.

Hope that helps explain all the negative posts!

Jim

Wait - are you saying this doesn't look good? Smile

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 1, 2016, writeall wrote:
There ought to be something like Consumer Reports for magic tricks.

The good news: there is!

The bad news: it is us!

The good news: we hear from those who 'take one for the team'.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
26 pages of comments, almost universal disdain directed towards the effect and creator.Yet, I still can't seem to find out WTF this actually is. Isn't there one pimply-faced, stammering 12 year old that can take ten minutes away from filming his Exreme Burn YouTube exposure video and give us all an idea of what this terrible effect is all about?
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On May 3, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:
26 pages of comments, almost universal disdain directed towards the effect and creator.Yet, I still can't seem to find out WTF this actually is. Isn't there one pimply-faced, stammering 12 year old that can take ten minutes away from filming his Exreme Burn YouTube exposure video and give us all an idea of what this terrible effect is all about?

Sure. HUG is an acronym for "Hedgehog Under Glass." As the name indicates, you'll have to procure a hedgehog (not provided). Then you'll need to gimmick it (rather heavily) with materials "most magicians have at home." Not to expose too much, but you'll be altering the hedgehog by installing a t****t. Note: the actual size of the t****t depends on which coin you intend to use, half-dollar or dollar coin (I don't know if it works with other types of coins).

As far as I can tell, the unworkable bit is when you toss HUG out into the audience. There doesn't seem to be a way to keep the coin from falling out or the hedgehog from immediately evacuating its bowels.

(Please understand I do not have this effect. I didn't buy it after hearing the description from others.)
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Hardly the Latest

Or The Greatest so I am Out !
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On May 4, 2016, Calvin826 wrote:

The performer stands facing you and crosses his arms behind his back. Then with his arms locked behind his back they appear to go through his body to the front without him uncrossing his arms. That is hug.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2014, Jack Straw wrote:
It has so many pages because so many people were very upset with the $50 that they flushed down the toilet.

Having Read through this , it appears to be a Total Piece of Garbage and Jack Straw should be Thanked by all new members of the Café for keeping this thread alive
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
Some use this in show?
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
This is best trick I seen in my life until I get the dvd. then I was sad.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sounds like someone needs a hug
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I do Hug in shows all the time. Just did it in todays show. Plays great... its a little harder now that I'm fatter, but still doable.

another trick in this body illusion genre is the one I've seen on Tiktok where you cross your arms and place an index finger on each side of your nose, and then uncross your arms without removing your fingers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hug by Nefesch (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..37~38~39
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL