The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring Leader: Props Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
James Kellogg III
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
117 Posts

Profile of James Kellogg III
Any for of string will work it just depends on how you want to present it.
bobbyh6731
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bobbyh6731
I used the shoelace that came with the pro-flight DVD, This was the tool I used to practice and found it worked very well.
I attended a lecture with Gregory Wilson in the UK and acquired some velvet cord, Its a lot thicker and I found that it was harder to get through the smaller rings.
I do know that some sewing shops sell thinner velvet cord for pennies.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It amazes me that there is a thread asking if a shoelace can be used in a ring on string routine!

What happened to experimenting and thinking for yourself. Just take your shoe off and try it.
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 08:55, Sean Giles wrote:
It amazes me that there is a thread asking if a shoelace can be used in a ring on string routine!

What happened to experimenting and thinking for yourself. Just take your shoe off and try it.

Now that's " Magicians helping Magicians "

Great advice !!!!!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I'm thinking that my Ring Leader didn't even come with the velvet string. I use round black shoelaces. I really like them because they lend themselves well to other effects as well.
KJ
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have the original (complete with VHS video instructions and have the black velvety cord. I don't remember where or who but someone told me the DVD version comes with a plain ribbon (as the supplier quit making the velvet cord). That being said, I guess any string would work but the original material, in my opinion has an elegance that adds to the routine and patter.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring Leader: Props Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL