The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ditching coins in your pocket quietly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jarro_2783
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of jarro_2783
Does anyone have any thoughts on ditching multiple coins in a pocket without them talking. I'm looking at a few routines from Bobo's, and the one thing I am stuck on is quietly ditching the three coins in your hand that is only supposed to contain one. Assuming that I can practice the rest of the sleights enough I have no problem with the technical details. The only thing that I really have no clue about is silently disposing of all those coins.

I'm using Australian coins if that makes a difference, I've read that they talk a lot more than US coins.
Jarryd Beck, Sydney, Australia
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Try Holding then in Finger palm and as you go into your pocket Open your fingers And place your thumb on top! then go down to the bottom of your Pocket and place them Softly and slowly into the pocket With your Fingers! It also helps to work in loud Bars ! Smile It that does not work You may have to try soft coins! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Steal a Michael Ammar or Tony Slydini clip (from the neck or the bottom of the jacket, the pants back pocket...) load the coins -secretly in the clip, and false transfer the clipped coins into the left hand. The left hand vanishes them by the right elbow as the right hand ditches the coins in the left jacket pocket as a block...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 16:58, jarro_2783 wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts on ditching multiple coins in a pocket without them talking. I'm looking at a few routines from Bobo's, and the one thing I am stuck on is quietly ditching the three coins in your hand that is only supposed to contain one. Assuming that I can practice the rest of the sleights enough I have no problem with the technical details. The only thing that I really have no clue about is silently disposing of all those coins.

I'm using Australian coins if that makes a difference, I've read that they talk a lot more than US coins.

Using soft coins might help a bit.

And hey jarro, Welcome to the Café. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Keep a handkerchief in that pocket and try to drop the coins staggered along the hanky. OR... take out your keys right after you place the coins in there. Dropping one coin on top of the keys would have made pretty much the same sound.

Jim
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Magnet coins will all stick together
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
If you plan to vanish 3 coins, you can use a dab of blue-Tack in the back of two coins.
jarro_2783
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of jarro_2783
Thanks for the advice, I'll try some of that.
Jarryd Beck, Sydney, Australia
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
159 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
On the DVD "CoinMagicSynposium 2", Mario Raso show a coinholder "Echo". The holder has different features.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
If you're doing gadabout coins, then for the earlier phases when a coin is put in the pocket, jingle it with some coins that are already in the pocket, so they become accustomed to this noise. Then placing 3 in there later will sound no different.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 10:01, David Fillary wrote:
If you're doing gadabout coins, then for the earlier phases when a coin is put in the pocket, jingle it with some coins that are already in the pocket, so they become accustomed to this noise. Then placing 3 in there later will sound no different.

I second this idea. Smile
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Having a loosely-balled handkerchief in the receiving pocket can work very well..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Ditching coins in your pocket quietly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL