The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » What is a good first 5-ball trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Hi, eventually I am starting to get my 5-ball cascade stable.
I was wondering what are good 5-ball tricks to start with?
I prefer not too hard Smile and prefer tricks that visually make a difference to an audiance. (as opposide to very hard tricks to impress other jugglers haha)

But just any 5-ball tricks that logically come after 5balls cascade is fine. As all I can think of myself seems hard to me now anyway Smile
leisurecat
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of leisurecat
1 up 4 up is pretty easy.

Also try reverse cascade. 744 is one of my favorites but only try it if you can do a 7441 with four balls.

Learn the gatto-plex for visually pleasing. Do a three ball cascade, but two of the normal throws will be with two balls.

that's what I started my students with. ^_^
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I agree Esther the reverse cascade would be my next move.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!

Whoops reverse cascade sounds queit a big step for me...
Can I cut this down in steps?
Like maybe first normal cascade with one ball hopping over or something. Or is it best to start from 5 balls in hands straight into a (attampt to) 5 ball reverse cascade?

I never tried 7441 with four balls so I will work on that too.

I do not know what you mean by 1 up 4 up? Is that multiplexing?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Esther
After the five ball cascade there are no easy tricks for you to learn.

The half shower, or the full shower are not easy either.
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

LOL Al, I am not looking for an easy trick or a self working trick Smile
A hard trick is fine. Reverse cascade is fine. But I am looking for kind of a step-by-step way to approach it (if possible). Or I am afraid I will not be able to master it in a life time.
I think with 3 balls tennis (or even half-tennis was a step in the learning process of reverse cascade. I guess as a first step I will try to trow one of the balls over the pattren and then continu in cascade.)

I googled 1 up 4 up and find a youtube tutorial and learned it is indeed multiplexing.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
You could try just throwing one ball in an arc over the top keeping the other four balls in the normal five ball pattern. When you have that down throw it back again and you will end up with a five ball tennis pattern. This is a good exercise for practicing the half shower too.
leisurecat
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of leisurecat
1 Up 4 Up is like 1 Up 2 Up with three balls.

And yes, it is a multi-plex. But not hard. From your 5 ball cascade, throw one high (sort of straight up.) This lull in the pattern will allow you to catch two balls in each hand. As the one high ball starts coming down, throw both left and right hand ball-pairs straight up, making sure one of the balls goes higher than the other. You will now have both hands free to catch the single ball coming down (choose either hand to catch, I like switching which hand catches the single ball for aesthetics.) You can either continue this pattern by throwing one high again and re-catching the pairs of balls, and then do variations, OR you can throw the single ball high and try to restart your five ball cascade!

Parse that, then YouTube "1 Up 4 Up juggling" for examples.
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Thanks a lot!
I will try out all suggestions and see what feels best to work on.
I never tought of multiplexes but after watching some on youtube and a friend showing me some more options yesterday (also the one like three ball cascade but with multiplexes form both hands)I think the multiplexing is also good to look to indeed. Very different visually then 5 ball cascade.
Still I also like to go for the one ball over the top and later half shower and reverse cascade because I think it will also help to get my 5 ball cascade better.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I started with those early 3-ball moves but with 5.

So one over the top. Tennis. Half shower. Reverse cascade. Columns... Etc...

Shower is hard, but not impossible. If you're considering Mills Mess the advice I was given was learn 7 instead... LOL!
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ros
That one made me laugh.

Esther
Why don't you try the four ball Mills mess?
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Well for me Tennis is hard, believe me Smile
Sometimes manage to trow one over and catch and continu cascade but only sometimes and more often I am not succeeding. Fun to try though.

I also learnt some fun multiplex patterns with 5 balls which indeed are easier than cascade but also fun to practise.

All brrrr 4 ball millsmess does not appeal to me that much (yet). 3 balls mills mess broke my brains Smile
Have been practising two person 3 balls mills mees though - which was also fun Smile
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
I think one of the the easiest 5 ball patterns to learn is a 5 ball multiplex where the thrown balls are split...2 balls thrown together, but caught in seperate hands. A multiplex throw where 2 balls are thrown together and caught together in one hand is somewhat harder. After that, throwing 1 ball high, catching the other 4 balls, then going right back into a 5 ball cascade, would be a good basic 5 ball trick to learn...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » What is a good first 5-ball trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL