The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Cocktails [Free Preview] (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Hello,

I'm working on the translation of an effect I published in France in 2008 for a few professionnals only.

It's named : Crazy Cocktails.
I had the idea of this effect when I read "Chinese Menu" by Fred Rosenbaum (inspired by Range Show, an effect of Larry Becker). I liked the idea but thought that it was not strong enough for my professionnal repertoire. I worked hard on the methodology and I decided to change the topic for a more fashion and exciting one : cocktails with the concept of "Crazy Cocktail franchise bars" which allows customers to compose their own cocktails. This effect is very different and goes far further.

You can predict : the ingredients freely chosen by spectator to make a Crazy Cocktail, the price of the cocktail and an additional totally free choice made at the last second by the spectator although he already had the predicition envelope in hands since the beginning of the effect. Envelope is normal, not switched and can be examined by the spectator.

I offer a preview of it for those who are interested. Simply ask by PM and I'll send you the first page of the e-book with a larger picture of one of the menus as seen on the picture below.

The e-book will include :

- every details for maximum impact with the presentation (those who own my Tryptik e-book already know how much I give attention to presentation).
- two short videos to better explain the methodolgy and preparation.
- the four menus made by a graphist designer, ready to print
- the ingredients charts, ready to print
- a background sound ambiance of a bar with music. Free of rights to use it in your shows. It's the one I designed and composed for myself.

You'll have to buy some items for less than $15 to perform Crazy Cocktail in the best conditions. You might already own what is necessary.

Your questions are welcome.

Remember that this effect has been thought and designed for semi-pro and full-time professionnals who work in stage or parlor conditions. Of course any lover of our art will appreciate to present it too.

The price will be : $24.00

> It will be ready before the end of march.

Click here to view attached image.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have read the first page preview, pretty much says what the above post says. Though it doe say the routine uses three different methods. This raises my eyebrow.... The menu's seem to be very nice and look prfessional. I am definately interested in this and feel that $24.00 seems to be a very fair price for this (of coarse this is an assumption since I do not have the effect). Though, I love the topic and feel the spectators along with you would have a great time during the routine with this topic. I like the fact that Fred is offering background music with the purchase. I think I am going to take the plunge with this...

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Thank you for your interest.

Two more things :
- although it would be of no interest to do that, you could present again the effect to the same group with a totally different result.
- Crazy Cocktail is perfect if you work behind a bar as it uses a real shaker.
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Here is a short preview of the Jazzy ambience soundtrack of an imaginary cocktail bar I made and offer with Crazy-Cocktail. It will be free of rights. I use it professionnally. I have a few others in different styles I keep for myself.

The real lenght is 2mn12s. I use it at the beginning of my presentation to set the mood, I guide the spectators in a light transe ("...imagine now we push together the doors of a trendy bar, jazz music, soft lights...)while participants join me on stage, then I fade the music out very slowly for psychoaccoustic reason as in a film and the effect starts.

I used very good VSTI and it will be encoded in MP3 at 192kbps.

https://soundcloud.com/fred_darevil/craz......ew-jazzy

Enjoy
Fred
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Thank you again for your interest in Crazy Cocktail.

Steve H. asked me by e-mail : "It appears that there is a similarity to the look of the menus I've seen. That would seem to undermine the authenticity of the menus. What do you think? Is "authenticity" a non-issue for you?"

I thought it would be interesting to talk about that here for the benefit of others.

My answer : "The choice of a similar design for the menus is the result of hard thinking about coherence of the effect and to obtain a strong and modern topic. I finally decided that Crazy Cocktail would be presented as a concept proposed to the bars as a franchise. Their prices are free but as with all the franchise (Hard Rock Café for example) some things are imposed to benefit from the communication and the trendy public image of the mark. It explains two things : the identical selection of ingredients (for a total of 54) in all bars and the logo and the graphic chart for the menus (although each bar has is own name and graphical identity). It’s part of the presentation explained in details in the e-book with subtelties to convince that some people in the public already know this franchise Smile
The french version of the effect actually used four menus of different countries (no franchise, no Crazy-Cocktail concept) but the actual version is far more logical and appealing. People love franchises, trendy marks and original concepts, it deals with social psychology. I use now the Crazy-Cocktail franchise concept and the public reaction is nothing compares to the previous version with anonymous bars."

Feel free if you have other questions.

Best,
Fred
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Fred : don't you feel so alone on this thread that you have to suggest receiving tons of private messages and e-mails ?
Do you know what pathetic means ? No offense, bro !..
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Stop Jekylling me !
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
I don't know who that 2nd guy is but tell the first one that we're awaiting the finished product!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
That makes sense ! Smile
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Crazy-Cocktail complete package is now available here : http://www.mentalmania.org

I'm sure you will have no difficulty to enter Mentalmania Smile

Orders are sent manually after verification. Thank you for your comprehension. Be sure that you will receive it fast to your e-mail otherwise check your spam box.

>> I added two Mp3 files in the package : bar ambience only and music only. You will have the choice to use the pre-mixed soundtrack (music + bar ambience), maxe the mix yourself, or use the music or the ambience only.

Price is $24.00 until april 15th 2013. After that it will be $34.00.

Questions are welcome.

Best,
Fred
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Cocktails [Free Preview] (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL