The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Portable stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tyke717
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tyke717
Need plans for a lightweight aluminum or wood stage or mixed meaning legs can be folding and aluminum sections need to be linked together in 4x8 sections nine sections in all which would equal 12x24 height about three feet will hold about 30 to fifety kids needs to be sturdy with a curtain design that goes around it and steps going up
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I would find someone who specializes in this type of equipment and BUY it from them. The liability involved with having something happen with 50 kids on the stage will never offset the savings of attempting to build it yourself. Buy from a professional and insure yourself to the max!
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Your specs are different from the other thread on building a portable stage here. In your case, I agree with finding someone who specialzes in these and buying it from them.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
I don't know where you are located, but rental is definitely the way to go.

The best place to "start" is sound/light or theatrical curtain Rental Company, preferably one that rents to actual club bands. They will have the best prices. You can go to an AV company but, unless you are a regular producer with them you will pay more. Don't go to a public chair rental type place - you will pay way too much and can get an inferior product.

What you are looking for is a typical "rock n roll" portable stage (Wagner is another word used sometimes - at least where I am from). They will be 4x8 with adjustable legs height - most likely thick aluminum square tubes (you want at least 6 legs per riser), black deck top (sometimes they will let you recoat the top in black). They most likely will be a little beat up but strong (and heavy) as all h**l. Depending on the condition you should expect to pay approximately $50 rental per stage (to buy you would be around $500 and way up) - do net even attempt to build this.

Also please keep in mind these are very heavy requiring at least 2 strong men to move and set up. As well, you obviously won't be fitting this is in the back of your Windstar so transportation is an issue. Ask the supplier for a transportation quote - you might be surprised of how inexpensive this, and then do the set up and strike yourself. Hope this helps. I am located in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Portable stage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL