The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making a Phantom tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
I am building my own square circle. I'd like to use a phantom tube for the circle. Has anyone made their own? Can anyone give me advice on how to make my own?
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I believe you are asking how to make the phantom tube. I am not sure how this will benefit you over the standard tube arrangement but I do know that there is at least on company presently making a SC with a phantom tube.

Before building the PT in metal, make a prototype out of stiff (construction) paper. When you get the dimensions right, you can use the prototype for a template to cut the metal from. You will need a set of slip rolls or a sheet metal shop that can roll the tube and cone for you. Then weld or solder the seams and weld or solder the two pieces together. I assume that you know how the pieces fit together. There are several other posts here in The Workshop that cover the other parts of the SC. Use the search function for "the Workshop" to search "Square Circle".
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Thank you. Yes, it was by search SC on these forums that led me to making my own. Further reading is what has takien me to using a phantom tube as the circle. Advantage: once everyting is produced, the circle can be set aside and more productions made. Your instructions are settign me along the path.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
An alternate handling would be to remove the square and just produce the items from the tube. I guess using a Phantom Tube would allow for showing the tube empty after ditching the Square, but then I guess I am not sure why you would need the Square in the first place.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
>> but then I guess I am not sure why you would need the Square in the first place.

The combined PT and SC give you a small backs flat silk load in the PT, then a larger load in the SC

I produce 35 foot silk streamers out of the PT, I just show it empty, each in so my had comes out the other side
then grab the stream as I pull it out of the tube, try to make it look like I grabbed the streamer on the other side (visable) side of the PT.

Then I put the PT back in the empty box, and continue with standard SC moves and produce a 6ft butterfly silk from the normal load,
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
Thanks btedeski - that's the sort of effect I have in mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making a Phantom tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL