The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with PB & J (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NocturnalMagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of NocturnalMagic
This is my first post here. Was wondering if someone could help me with the ending AKA the sandwich apperance. I have been using the PBJ Time song and get good reactions leading into the trick. But at the end I do not have the Finishing move, kinda just stop it when the music ends, and the kids like it but for me there is no real ending. Also I know of the magic lunchbox, anyone know where I can get 1? My version is the one from Penguin around 10 years ag0, and works flawless.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I end it with say you know what I need when I eat peanut butter and jelly? Some milk and I produce a half gallon of milk.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 17:05, NocturnalMagic wrote: I have been using the PBJ Time song and get good reactions leading into the trick.

I've been doing PB&J for about 10 years and have to say I've never heard of this song (but I'm not up on ALL the kids songs and shows.) It sound incredibly annoying to an adult. Does anyone know if this is a popular song among kids? If I used it, I certainly wouldn't use the entire song of over 2 minutes. I might use it when I call the kid up to help me with the sandwich.

When I do the sandwich ending (after the bottle switching etc.) I tell my child assistant that they are going to make all the adults in the room jealous because the adults wish they could put a couple of pieces of bread into a bag, wave a magic wand, say a few magic words and produce a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then I have the kid wave her hand over the bag, open it and reveal the real PB&J sandwich. I take a bite of it to prove it's real and send the kid to her seat to applause.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
NocturnalMagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Its a fun fast song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA. Anyways, I do not know how to do the sandwich production Smile
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
You can produce the sandwich from a "empty" Lunch Bag or Change Bag. That seems the easiest.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
NocturnalMagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Ya, I know the change bag. I use mis made flag in my routine, so don't want to overkill the change bag. Not sure how to do the "empty" lunch bag, would love to know. And as stated befor, looking for a Change Luchbox.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Daytona Magic has them for $130. This is also a great trick to use your Neilsen Ketchup bottle for. Who wants ketchup on their sandwich? OK, then lets just get rid of the ketchup, and you put the bottle in a bag, and crumble it up and throw it away.

Chris
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2013-03-20 06:00, NocturnalMagic wrote: I do not know how to do the sandwich production Smile

I'm sure there are complicated "magical" ways to produce the sandwich. I used to use a bag with false bottom. It's complicated and time consuming to set up. Now I don't do anything fancy, but it works just fine.

Basically, I prepare a PBJ sandwich and stick it in the brown sandwich bag. When it's on the shelf in my magic table, I put two pieces of bread on top of the outside of the bag. After the PBJ jar-switiching routine is over, as I'm putting away the jars, I say: "I'm still hungry, so I'm going to make I peanut butter and jelly sandwich." As I put the jars away back into my table, I pull out the two slices of bread and hold them up to show that there's nothing on them. Then I ask for and select a volunteer. While the volunteer is coming up, I reach into my table and pull out the paper bag (with the PBJ sandwich inside). I don't make a big deal out of this and don't do anything to "prove" it's empty, I just casually hold it by the top. From the audience, it appears like an ordinary empty bag.

I then make like I'm putting the slices of bread into the bag. Then I say I need to get my magic wand. I reach into my table again -- at which point the bag dips below the table for an instant--to get the wand and in so doing I ditch the slices. So from the audience standpoint, it looks like I just put the slices in the bag and reached for my wand. The bag is below the eye level of the table for only an instant and they don't even realize or remember that it was out of sight for a moment. I then produce the wand, hand the bag (with top crumpled down) to the child to hold and say as am handing it to her: "Hold the bag with the two slices of bread. Hold the magic wand." I make the remarks about making the adults jealous, etc. The kid waves the wand, says the magic word and opens the bag. I slowly reveal the sandwich and slowly open the slices to show that they are now covered with peanut butter and jelly. I often hear adults exclaim in surprise at that point. Then I take a bite out of the sandwich to prove it's a real sandwich.

All this sounds involved, but it's really nothing more than showing a couple of slices, ditching them on an off-beat while reaching for the magic wand, and then showing the pre-loaded sandwich. I have NEVER had anyone say anything about the sandwich being preloaded.

Hope this helps.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Help with PB & J (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL