The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magicians Helping Musicians... and kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
A small group is putting out one of my old Cds as a ‘Bonus Edition’ Download with a couple of unreleased songs. I’ve asked that they give my profits, if any, to the Fender Music Foundation, a non-profit that provides musical instruments to schools and community organizations nationally. If you could help them reach their goal on kickstarter to get the download page working, you’d be doing it for the kids. The link is below:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1372......-edition

Plus you get a free download of the CD for ten bucks, but you can pledge as little as a buck, if you want.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Can't say I'm shocked by the lack of support. The kids thank you...
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Can't say that I am shocked that you think your charity trumps anybody else's charity. Let me go ahead and stop supporting Saint Judes Childrens Research Hospital, which helps to find cures for life taking diseases, so I can start supporting your charity. My kids will thank you too...

Point being......we all have charity's we support. Just because people don't get on board with yours does not mean they don't care. I think your snarky post just killed any chance of support you would have gained here.......The kids thank you and your maturity...
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
And his name suits him too.

Seriously, money is tight and I personally have issues closer to home and my community.

All about Magic is right. Snarky (and rude).

-Mary Mowder
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 15:08, bitterman wrote:
Can't say I'm shocked by the lack of support. The kids thank you...

True charity is of the heart and we do things not for recognition nor do we judge if people choose not to contribute. If there is one thing I have learned on this Café is that while we sometimes get into - pardon the use of the word - bitter conflicts, when the chips are down that vast majority of the people here are there to help. Moreover Bitterman, you posted and then a scant three days later you blast people? Why not try a more charitable tactic like "hey all, just wanted to offer a reminder about the charity I am involved with?" I am a musician and I know of Fender's charity and I applaud it.

I am not going to list what good things I do because to do so defeats the purpose of doing good - and again, that means doing it without recognition nor judgment.

Why not talk more about the charity in your own words? Providing a link is a good start, but, talk about what the charity means to you and these kids. Maybe you will get some contributions and maybe you won't, but, ifanything, you will have raised awareness which frequently bears fruit later.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magicians Helping Musicians... and kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL