The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Robert Gallup's in AUS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Just saw Robert Gallup at the local magic shop competition, he was judging. First famous magician I've been in a room with, well, since Rudy Coby a few years back, pretty cool!

What ever happened to Rudy anyway I haven't seen him on TV for while, is he still performing?

Mike.
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Heya Mike,

I'm guessing that was the Bernard's Magic Shop competition on Saturday, yeah? At Draculas Cabaret Restaurant? Some of the kids in the competition were pretty good.

I work at Draculas, and also am good friends with Bert and Christina. They hold the competition there every year, and Rob Gallup was a judge last year too.

I hung around for a while after the comp, and it was interesting hearing what Rob had to say about magic and where he thinks it's headed.

Anyway, outta here!

- Topher
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Hi Topher,

Yeah it was the Bernards comp at Draculas. You weren't the guy walking round with makeup on were you haha? Some of the kids were pretty good, not many competitors though. There doesn't seem to be much of a junior scene in Melbourne anymore, I don't know of any other competitions either.

What did Rob have to say about magic?

Talk to you later,

Mike.
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Heya Mike,

Rob was saying the same thing as you. There's a lot more members in the club, but not many of them were interested in getting up and performing. He was talking about maybe getting kids up to do a talk on their favourite magician (Blaine or Copperfield, whatever), and then maybe performing one of their tricks. It was a good theory to atleast get them performing. Gotta fly. Dad wants to show me his new car.

- Topher
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
Not sure what's up with Rudy Coby. I have been looking for him myself. His site is still up but hasn't been changed in a long time. Hope he makes a reappearance sometime soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Robert Gallup's in AUS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL