The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Material For Mutilated Parasol Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I am needing to make a tube for my Abbott's Mutilated Parasol. If I can find something suitable I would really prefer to use something other than paper or cardboard. What would be a good material to make it from?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bamboo dinner mat works well. Also you can use Plasticized sign paper.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ooh....I like both of those Richard! Can bamboo mats be cut to size....or would I have to find one the perfect length?

I will look into the plasticized sign paper. I have never bought any, but I am assuming I could find it at a sign shop.
Mister Mystery
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You can find Bamboo mats in all sizes and shapes. If you cut it to size, edge the sides with Bias tape or something similar to seal the edges. You could even take a good colored duct tape to do the edges.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Richard! That's sounds like a fabulous idea!
Mister Mystery
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Regan, check your post in the silks section, Dick Oslund gave a wonderful suggestion. Old Roller Blind Window shades. They do not need hemming after cutting to size. May come in some other shades besides white.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#16

If you go the mat idea, then get a huge mat that is used to put on the beach so you don't have to lay on the sand. It can be cut and sewn if you use masking tape to hold it together. Mask off the border and cut it, then sew allowing for the stitching to hold the mat together. Sew through the Bias Tape as well. I is kind of difficult, but it can be done.

I looked for those dinner mats, they are nowhere to be found in my part of the country.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bill, thanks so much! I just read Dick's idea and I love it! Now I have several things to choose from and look for while I am waiting for my parasol. According to Greg at Abbott's the new parasol is 28" from tip to tip. Dick says his old model is 26" long, and he uses a 20" tube. I guess I need to go with one around 22" long.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Material For Mutilated Parasol Tube (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL