The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Books Tenyo Fans Might Enjoy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I hate puzzles.

meridianfan: I have a few mint copies of the Setteducati book if you need a complete one.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I'd like to put in a plug for The Magic Show book as well. It's got some pretty interesting tricks in it (especially if you're a Tenyo geek....and if you're not, you probably won't be reading all of this anyway). I got the book shortly after it came out and I still am amazed with the clever thinking that went into the design of this book.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Franky33
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Franky33
I have the Magic Show book and lost one of the pieces. It drove me crazy looking all over trying to find it. Sadly it is still missing. I never connected the book to Mark Setteducati. When I got it as a gift, I liked magic, but was not into magic as much as I am now. Now that I am looking at it I see one of the tricks is very similar to one of the redemption tricks from the Milton Bradley Magic Works line of tricks which I think Mark was very involved with. The redemption trick I am referring to is Half A Dozen Cousins (MBMW) which is called Six Sorcers in the Magic Show Book. I guess Tenyo got the idea of the redemption tricks from MBMW.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Looks like for us Tenyo fans we have a lot of exciting books to look forward to. The Tenyo book, the Lubor Fiedler book and hopefully my book if I ever get it finished 😊

Yes The Magic Show book is highly recommended. I was fooled by the cover trick with the coloured dots changing colour. Also the Zig Zag Lady in the book is based on Tenyo's Sidetrack. I designed the paper engineering for it. I also contributed the Houdini Trunk trick in the book. A great fun book!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Put me on the list for your book Angelo...make that 2. One for reading, one for...oh you know the drill.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 21:00, meridianfan wrote:
I purchased a copy of The Magic Show by Mark Setteducati but many of the paper pieces were missing. I am missing the Dominoes from Devious Dominoes; The food cards from Psychic Snack, and the pieces from Puzzling Poster. Any chance someone out there may have spares? I would like to read the small "reset book" that came with it too.

Thanks to everyone for offers to help me out. I was able to find a kind person who had an extra copy of the book and will give me the missing pieces.

Cheers!
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
I would like to add a book to the list: "Magic, Stage Illusions, Special Effects, and Trick Photography" compiled and edited by Albert A Hopkins. There are several sections in this book that may interest some people here including chapters on ancient greek and roman mechanical toys, optical tricks and effects, and automata. It also features detailed illustrations of many mechanical wonders.

Interestingly, Albert A Hopkins was a pen name for Will Robinson aka "Chung Ling Soo."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Books Tenyo Fans Might Enjoy (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL