The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Midget costume (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Hi guys, not sure this is the right section but I couldn't find any other place to ask.

I'm looking for a midget costume, you know the ones where you walk on your hands and your legs and rest of your body is hidden in a bag carried on the back? Hard to explain, I've seen it here and there. It's on 1:50 in this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyJWx_yeQ2s

Does anybody know where to get one?
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A wild suit, and definitely not off the rack.

Good luck
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
This was Tim Conway's idea from the early 80s - he may have gotten it from elsewhere. Tim played the character, Dorf, most notable in his, Dorf Golf lessons. No doubt he had his suit altered with the coat fitting and the pants shortened to the length of Conway on his knees. Find a tailor and make your own outfit, I doubt if anyone markets this as a one size fits all.

(I believe the term, midget, is offensive to little people)
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
(I believe the term, midget, is offensive to little people)

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was never my intention. English is not my first language and I wasn't sure what the politically correct term would be. Little people it is from now on.
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I discovered today this was probably not Conway's idea. I have a Brill catalog of carnival side show illusions from the 1940s and I saw an ad in there for something similar.

(I don't think anyone here was offended by the term you used and you would not know the "political correctness" here in the US. I know people with special needs do not like to be referred by some of the words used in the past) No harm Smile
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Sparticus I think what the OP is talking about is a bit different than what you have in mind. What Tim Conway does as Dorf is just change his knees. The video shows a guy walking clearly on his feet, with his torso and upper legs hidden behind his cape. It looks like half a shirt sewn into some stretchy shorts to me. Just cut the seams and figure out the correct length.. Pretty easy, and I know almost nothing about sewing.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
A LasVegas Costume maker could make one I'm sure.

Google it and do some inquiries.

Or make one yourself.

If you are in a puppet size stage it's fine.

But if you doing a lot of 'walking' you better be in shape.

A friend of mine was one of those characters and he said he arms never hurt so much in his life.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Thatoldblackmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Thatoldblackmagic
Contact Rudy Coby.
Scotland's first winner of the Edinburgh International Magic Festival's first place award. ~ Allen Tipton's magic Student. ~ Magic Historian and Collector ~ Built magic for Scotland's top Pantomimes ,Cats ,The Wizard of Oz and a few other shows. ~ As seen on TV theatre and film Smile Aged 17
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I'm hoping this is a joke post. Although if you're serious, you'll probably find this costume in the isle that contains the paint for black face, and some asian buck teeth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Midget costume (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL