The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The 33 most beautiful abandoned places in the world (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
shaihorowitz0
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of shaihorowitz0
Thanks this was pretty cool, not many places I can actually visit but I am now using one of the pictures as a screen saver.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Not all of those sites are really abandoned. Bodiam Castle even has a Café.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Cool link. Some of them definately beautiful. Others, not so much. The area they are in was beautiful, but the building was just an ugly shell creating a scar on the landscape. (Like the fishing hut on the lake in Germany.)

Others though were really cool. Thanks for the link.

You probably won't find any of these on the list.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/taxpayer-owned-......YhldtYbA
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
That was one of the most interesting links I've ever seen on here. Thanks, landmark.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On 2013-04-02 18:21, rockwall wrote:
the building was just an ugly shell creating a scar on the landscape. (Like the fishing hut on the lake in Germany.)

I think the fishing hut gives the picture visual interest. It adds sharp, straight lines to an otherwise soft landscape of curves.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
An abandoned brewery ! how dare they.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Great stuff there landmark.

And while I've never been to the two sites cited in Antarctica, or any of those other places, I have been to Antarctica, and the whole continent is pretty much abandoned, read that uninhabited, save for the handful of research stations operated by a few countries and the enormous population of penguins and other wonderful sea creatures.

And your olfactory sense hasn't been tested until it's experienced a landing upon an island or place with thousands and thousands of penguins and their poop. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Some of those were beautiful, even the ones with decaying buildings in them. But I don't think there's anything beautiful about an abandoned amusement park. They're just creepy. I keep expecting to see the Joker in the background! Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-02 23:50, Bob1Dog wrote:
Great stuff there landmark.

And while I've never been to the two sites cited in Antarctica, or any of those other places, I have been to Antarctica, and the whole continent is pretty much abandoned, read that uninhabited, save for the handful of research stations operated by a few countries and the enormous population of penguins and other wonderful sea creatures.

And your olfactory sense hasn't been tested until it's experienced a landing upon an island or place with thousands and thousands of penguins and their poop. Smile

Now that's one aspect of Antarctica I hadn't thought about! I think the brewery may be a better place to hang out after all for some real peace.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The 33 most beautiful abandoned places in the world (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL