The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin's FLAT-PACKâ„¢ World-wide FREE SHIPPING (no minimum) (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
Hi Guys... I have a question regarding 'what's included' with an effect that offers the Free Flat-Pack Shipping. If I take advantage of this offer, am I correct in assuming that the effect should still include everything that would normally be included to perform the effect, with the exception of a DVD case & 'unnecessary' packaging? I realize this may sound like a ridiculous question, but I had an issue with a recent purchase with this exact problem. I emailed Penguin stating that I didn't get everything necessary for the effect & I was told that I didn't receive two of the necessary items because I chose the Free Flat-Pack Shipping... so, in an attempt to save a few bucks (that would be the sole purpose of any of us selecting this option, right guys?) I now have to spend even more to get the necessary items to perform the effect. According to Penguin's prices & shipping costs, I would have to spend an additional $11.64 to get what WOULD'VE been included if I had opted for the regular shipping rate of probably $5.95... not an incredible amount of money, but it's still wrong & doesn't make sense. Not to mention that in the email I was told I could return the item... an item that is now out of stock & possibly discontinued, instead of just simply sending the 2 FLAT items to satisfy the customer.
Please don't misunderstand me, because I normally am very pleased to deal with Penguin, even when there IS a little mix-up, they always go above & beyond to make things right... but, to be told that I didn't receive everything necessary to do the effect because I chose the free shipping seems wrong... like I said, this means I have to spend even MORE now. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Thoughts? Input?

Thanks guys!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I think they usually state what they don't include if you choose flat shipping. Like Water Works, they state that bottle is not included. Do you see any notes about the trick you got?
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
Hi Magic KL... you may very well be correct about that, but any of the items that I chose the Flat-Pack option, or at least considered, only ever said 'no dvd case' & 'no unnecessary packaging'.
So, I'm going to have to say 'no', I didn't see anything regarding not including anything that would normally come with an item. I will certainly watch for that from now on... thanks so much! Smile
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
... (pt. 2) Magic KL... in the case of a bottle, that would be a bulky item & I can understand not including that - plus, I just looked at it & you are correct, it is clearly noted that the bottle would not be included... but the effect that I bought is 'Blank Minded' by Aaron DeLong & there's no mention of any pieces NOT being included if the Flat-Pack is selected... plus, the pieces missing from my effect was #1, a single normal blue-backed 7D (prediction card) & #2, an empty red Bicycle box (folded to pack flat)... these two items would've fit in a flat package, no problem. Again, I'm not mad nor will I discontinue buying from Penguin... but, my point is, I would've preferred to pay for the shipping if I'd known I'd have to make an entire deck of cards useless by removing one card & have to find an empty Bicycle box. The bottle, I get... this, I don't. Thanks, Magic KL!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I see. I think you should talk to them again. They are always very helpful.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Hi Johnny, I'm so sorry about the confusion.

The card being missing was a mistake in the product. Whether you paid for shipping or not, you wouldn't have received that. We didn't discover the mistake until the decks started shipping. I'd be happy to send you one. Just email me, acar@penguinmagic.com

I'll be happy to help you with any other issues you have as well.
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
I wish the most common product of magic, deck of cards like normal, stripper deck, Svengali deck be available for free flatpack shipping from penguin. Would it be possible?
Johnny4781
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Johnny4781
Hello Acar,

Thank you so very much! I just sent you an email with my request. Smile

Sincerely,
Johnny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin's FLAT-PACKâ„¢ World-wide FREE SHIPPING (no minimum) (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL