The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Quiet Thimbles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
I like the ease and variey of presentations available with nesting thimbles. I have no problem when the music is playing, but how do you keep them quiet for restaurant walkaround?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The answer is to that it takes more practice. If you are bumping the thimbles, then you are not making the move correctly. They should not touch in an knock against each other.

If you continue to have problems, then you may consider using Fakini Silicon covered thimbles.

There are different routines, some suited more for stage and others for close-up. I would suggest you look for the other books on thimble magic to give you some material to create a close-up routine. Simple is usually better.

Take a look at the routine in Routined Manipulation book. Tantalizing Thimbles is a good booklet as well. Abbott's sell a manuscript called Rice's Thimble Routine. Lloyd Thimbles is another book with ideas.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Great answer, thanks. I highly suspected that more practice idea, but being mildly lazy I was looking for a short cut. But,alas, their is no substitute for hard work. I have a pretty good walk around thimble routine, but two sets of nesting thimbles present a lot of fun possibilities. More practice it is! Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Quiet Thimbles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL