The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Blooming Bouquet Recommendations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
The time has come to replace mine, any suggestions for a nice, reasonably priced model? Links?

Thanks!
Kevin
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you want to get best reactions, purchase from Richard Hughes. His prices are more, but remember his cost is less because of his quality. You will not have to worry about wasting your money buying repeats so often. http://www.hughesmagic.com/company_info/background.html Always remember you get what you pay for.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Actually... if you have the cash, Mashall's Blooming bouquet is the best of the best. Smile

Check it out:
http://hmcmagic.com/hmctricks/Blooming%20Bouquet.htm
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
If you can't afford the expensive - but worth it - ones, Tora offers a good value for a cheaper price.
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 19:56, Mumblemore wrote:
If you can't afford the expensive - but worth it - ones, Tora offers a good value for a cheaper price.

I agree too. Tora's stuff are value for money.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 08:41, Joseph_Then wrote:
Actually... if you have the cash, Mashall's Blooming bouquet is the best of the best. Smile

Check it out:
http://hmcmagic.com/hmctricks/Blooming%20Bouquet.htm

Richard Hughes own the Marshall line but gave up the name to his expartner who is long out of business.
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 19:56, Mumblemore wrote:

I would not strongly recommend their products. Don't get me wrong. It is not because they make their products in a country that is illegal to sell to USA, or because they are the #1 knock off business when it comes to magic tricks, or because certain members have complained they never received the order they paid for. The reason I would not recommend them is because of the low quality of their tricks. I was warned before by other members recommending me not to purchase from them. I was foolish to try their products anyway because of the lower prices. I received what I ordered with low quality, not looking like what it shows on their website. Even though the price was lower, but the cost was higher. High quality products will last you forever/many years. But you will have to repeat buying several of the low quality products to stay up to date with a high quality product. No offense, but why would anyone want to waste their money? Of course it is anybody's decision. Always remember we are about "Magicians Helping Magicians." Best of luck to everyone.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
If I am not mistaken, Tora is based in Thailand. There are Iran-based magic suppliers to be wary of, but unless I am wrong, Tora operates from Thailand. Sorry to hear of your experience with them. I have no "horse in the race," but have found Tora's products to be fine and about 1/3 of the price. What I always wonder about is how people pay so much for feather flowers, which will wear out and need replacement anyway. But Mike's problem with this more economical supplier clearly merits consideration if you are thinking of using this company. I am not as certain that the other criticism (about whether US has trade relations with country of origin) is valid.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
As point of record, Tora's items are primarily manufactured in Iran. They are shipping through a company that has been set up in Thailand to avoid the US limitations on dealing with Iranian companies due to terrorist ties. Prior to the Thailand company, they were shipping things out of Hong Kong.

This is a matter of record.

Yes, any feather flower will wear out but 20 years is not too bad for a feather flower. I have known of some that have lasted much longer.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I have heard NOTHING but good about Richard's flowers. If I ever decide to expand into flower magic, you can be assured that he is the one I will buy from. Besides being high quality, he is here on a regular basis, and is happy to answer questions.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Richard does offer good advice regularly on the Café, and I haven't seen Tora around and know that not a lot of people carry his full line in the US. I have also seen Richard's products at conventions, and they are amazing. I guess you get what you pay for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Blooming Bouquet Recommendations? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL