The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Finally, a Plot for the Botania . . . (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Jef Eaton has taken his "can do" approach to magic and turned it to the botania. While always a good "instant opener" because of the brilliant colors a good botania can produce, the prop had little in the way of a sensible routine . . . until now. With his "Magic Flower Seed" trick, and the fact that the "seeds" need the darkness of botania tube to grow, there is a reason for placing the botania tube on an empty flowerpot (where the flowers "stick" even as the tube is removed). Flowers grow for a reason.

Reading the cannister label, that the seeds "grow in the dark" has room for a good bit of comedy. For example, I will read the label and then put sunglasses on and read it again, seeing that the flowers do not grow. Then there will be an excuse for a series of wand gags, etc. before the kid finally executes the magic (with the help of Eaton's clever prop).

What a great springtime trick and utility for the botania which can involve audience helper. Might also be convertable to the Jack and the Beanstalk story (still thinking about other props to bring in for that).

I should say that this is not a Richard Hughes botania, but this is all the more reason to take to kid shows, where it will be dropped and battered but hopefully keep on giving.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
Thanks - very vice idea - you could also use a milk pitcher to add plant food.

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
It comes with a water cup that contains "spring water" (a plastic slinky fall out of the cup when turned over.)
I know it's corny but it gets a groan or giggle.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I either thought you had found a place to bury your botania or you were going to plant it and try to grow a patch of them! Smile I wish I could figure out how to do that!

I'm just kiddin', but when I saw "Plot" I couldn't resist.

Jef is a genius! He is always coming with with great ideas! He "Kandu" anything!
Mister Mystery
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Link?
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Itlooks like this.
(I hope this loads.)

Click here to view attached image.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I love it..when will it be available and what will the cost be?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
I have received mine already and it is pretty neat little trick!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Finally, a Plot for the Botania . . . (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL