The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
freaksrock62
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of freaksrock62
I have been using Richard Kaufmans video as a reference along-side my RRTCM. I have just had trouble covering it well. I can pull it off quite nicely and quietly...just not hidden well. I will just have to keep at it until it comes to me. Thanx for all your help everyone. Can anyone recommend some tricks I could work on applying "the pass"?
La dee frickin' da!
I live in a van down by the river!
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
Thanks Paul! I'll get in touch with Trevor very soon!

Quote:
On 2002-05-25 04:32, Paul wrote:

Lesault, you should join the magic club in Edinburgh, I'm sure someone there could give you some "real world" assistance with your pass. If you e-mailed; trevor_mccombie@standardlife.com
I am sure he could give you details on joining.

Paul.
cyc
View Profile
New user
Montreal
57 Posts

Profile of cyc
Hi,

My suggestion is to start practicing the pass slowly, get the movement right, then gradually try to make it fast. Although many people say that the pass doesn't have to be extremely quick, I prefer to do it quick.

What I do, is hide the top packet of the deck with my right hand for around a fraction of a second, at that moment, I do the pass and add a little riffle. Up till now, I have never been caught and even if the spectator is staring at my hands, they can't see my pass.
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
I do the pass in an offbeat moment - mostly with riffle cover (a standard, smooth but quick riffle pass...)
or a turn over pass (which I like very much if it fits in the trick plot..)
Martin

all other passes (top card cover pass..) are neat to practice, but I don´t use them in real world performing condition...
life is real magic
dmb1025
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of dmb1025
With some help on the classic pass, I'm still in the process of mastering it as well, I've learned that a slight forward movement of the right hand while simultaneously performing the pass covers most of the angles. Hope it helps Smile
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
So which is the better source for learning the Pass, Sankeytized II or Kaufman's on the Pass? Or something else? Sankey seems to be able to do an invisible pass with no misdirection (as in Joking Around.)
That I'd like to learn. Daryl doesn't use the pass at all. He thinks a completely invisible pass is too difficult and unneccesary. Any thoughts?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
freaksrock62
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of freaksrock62
Kaufmans explains it a little better I think...
Practice is the one and only true way to perfect it. Once you get the concept of the Pass...whether it is from a book or a video, you must practice, prcatice, practice.
La dee frickin' da!
I live in a van down by the river!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Pass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL