The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for a Hundy 500/EZ Money type of Routine & Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I saw a restaurant magician do a Hundy 500/ type effect, but

1) the change was done in the spectator's hands (needs audience management)

and

2) the bundle of bills seemed much slimmer than my Hundy 500

I've not seen a published routine like this, but it played very well (one spectator screamed when she opened her hands). I would like a source for this type of routine if it exists.

Also, since the bundle of bills seemed so much thinner than my Hundy or EZ Money, it made me wonder if the gimmick was prepared differently, or if it was specially printed on paper/Tyvex to avoid the usual construction.

Any thoughts? or information on this?

Thanks;
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hundy, or Extreme Burn 2,.0 can be done with either a five card bundle or a four card bundle.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
My favorite of this type of gimmick/routine is Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders.

I believe Justin Miller put one out through Paul Harris Presents where the change happens in the spectator's hand.
Kevin Reylek
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Kevin: do you remember the name for that routine?

None the less, I think this effect predates extreme burn, or Heiny(sp). Are these more slender than a Hundy 500?

I don't know if it was a home made gimmick, or a purchase, but the bundle did not seem as thick as my Hundy 500 (although I could make it a little smaller by using 4 instead of 5 bills, as Al suggested).
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Illusion & Beyond
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Illusion & Beyond
What you may have seen is called first hand by Justin Miller. This was put out under Paul Harris. Hope this helps.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks for the reference to First Hand; that looks pretty impressive

but I doubt that that was not trick I saw (which appeared to be more of a Easy Money/Hundy handling, and the bills were not examinable)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I'm surprised that this in-their-hands version is not more known. Pete Biro did me a favor by asking this of Dean Dill - he had not heard of it.

I'm hoping to visit the magician that I saw perform it. Unfortunately he is in questionable health, and currently lives in some type of Senior housing facility. Yet, it appears, that he will be the only one that can answer my question. Stay tuned.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for a Hundy 500/EZ Money type of Routine & Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL