The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Help Daff To Get "All Stuck Up" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have several effects that require "sticky stuff"

One is an effect where a butterfly appears on the back of a spectator'shand...a second is "The Web" by Jim Pace, and the third is Ultra Visual Nightshades from Paul Harris.

If you own any of the effects, you know what I'm talking about. 

The problem is I ran out of the sticky stuff and I don't remember what the special substance is that the effects use, or the product name, so I can look for it in stores.

I just know it has to be super sticky in order for the effects to work!

Can anybody clue me in on what to look for so I can put these effects back in my repertoire?

Thanks, Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
The Web just uses Blu Tack doesn't it?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
You can buy cheaply from the site http://www.mypetboris.com they sell a pro pack with 3 spidera a cockroach and lots of sticky dots, the stickiest stuff I have found, service is great too. Give them a try.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Incognito
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Incognito
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Thanks for the tips, guys!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I went ahead and ordered the pro pack .

I also bought the app. But for some reason, the app won't play. When I touch the app to turn it on, all I get is a black screen. And sometimes it freezes my phone. But I get no spider crawling across my screen.

Any body have suggestions? (I tried resetting the phone, but that didn't help.)
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What pone are you using ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I had some glue dots that I got at an office supply store. They didn't work even one time. Don't have the box, only the roll, so unfortunately, I can't say exactly what they were. On the app (which I also own) the guy said si***on. Must be different stuff.

I just used some double-sided carpet tape and it worked like a charm. Same stuff I use to adhere the flipper part of the coin, and Ustaad's great home-made bug device to my thumb. If you ever run out of the stuff you ordered, Doug, you might try some of this as a temporary alternative.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Actually, I took George's advice and ordered the dots from my pet boris site.

I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I didn't realize till after I had ordered that they would be coming all the way from Australia!

I may be waiting a while.

Well, anyway, I also bought the app, and am highly dissapointed because all I get is a black screen. And sometimes it freezes my phone and I have to hit the reset button.

But I have yet to see the app actually function.

So I wasted about three bucks. It's taking up storage space on my phone, but I don't want to delete it in case there is hope that it could be fixed.

I sure would appreciate any suggestions! (Especially from those who own the app)

Daff
birdman69
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
110 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Hi DaffyDoug,

Sorry I'm not on the Magic Café very often. Just happened across your post by chance.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. It's definitely not the usual behaviour. There is a SUPPORT button on the front page of the app and I answer email almost immediately if I'm awake at the time. Please email me at support@mypetboris.com and I will help to find the cause and solution for you. Let me know which phone and operating system you are using and a way to contact you. If you have Skype that seems to be the best way otherwise email will do.

Hope your PRO-PACK arrived OK by now. (Are you the Doug from Peru Indiana?) Sorry it is not overnight service from Australia for $3. I'm trying to keep the product as affordable as possible Smile

Cheers, Ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Help Daff To Get "All Stuck Up" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL