The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fixing a broken 'Dreamweaver' pin. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bugboy
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of bugboy
Hey guys!

About a year or so ago, one of my gimmicked Dreamweaver pins broke. I'm not talking about the soft pin; rather, I'm talking about the other of the two gimmicked pins. That tiny piece dislodged from the pin, and I'm unsure of how I should go about fixing it.

I tried adhering it back on with a very small amount of Gorilla Glue, but it came off shortly after.

I need a solution that will not make the pin look odd or fishy.

Anybody have any insight? Thanks!

-A.L
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
I've never seen gorilla glue, but isn't it wood glue? I've used super glue for the very purpose and it worked fine.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
The Gorilla Glue line now also includes other all-purpose glues akin to Elmer white glue, as well as super glue.

I would suggest trying a dab of super glue (either Gorilla Glue or Loc Tite brand) and try and get it attached to the pin in a spot with more surface area. In using super glue, make sure you use a clear-drying type, and try layering the glue carefully, a tiny bit at a time, around the "special something" and the pin.

There is also the option of soldering it to the pin, but again, it will require some decent surface contact in order for that to work and even more precision in getting the amount just right so as not to make it look "fishy".

Personally I never use that third pin because it just does not add much for me. Yes, it can be visual but there are other things you can do with the other pins that are just as impressive. Again, this is just my opinion.

I hope this information is useful to you.
bugboy
View Profile
New user
New York
64 Posts

Profile of bugboy
Thank you for the input you two.

@ Dr_J_Ayala: I'm going to try the Gorilla Glue again. When I tried it the first time, I think I used way to small of an amount. There just wasn't enough glue present for the special piece to adhere to the pin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fixing a broken 'Dreamweaver' pin. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL