The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Magazines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

josie67
View Profile
Regular user
Syracuse, NY
118 Posts

Profile of josie67
Can anyone recommend a good Magic related magazine suited toward beginners?
Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Both Genii Magazine http://www.geniimagazine.com/ and Magic Magazine http://www.magicmagazine.com/ are very good for both beginner and advanced. There are some specialized magazines (cards etc.) but those are the two main magic ones. Hope this helps. Jim
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
Another good reason to join the SAM or IBM is that you get a magazine with your membership, “mum” with SAM and “The Linking Ring” with IBM.
josie67
View Profile
Regular user
Syracuse, NY
118 Posts

Profile of josie67
Actually, I would be very interested in a card specific magazine if anyone is aware of one.
Thanks for the info.
Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Check out Tony Miller's “Channel One.”
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Or maybe you could do as l did, join a magic club nearby where you live. They always has tons of magic lecures and scripts that are perfect reading material for beginners, and helped me a great deal...

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
osmares
View Profile
New user
Colombia
1 Post

Profile of osmares
I am not english speaker but I feel excited of sharing with you Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Josie,

Great suggestions so far - Genii, Magic Magazine, Linking Rings, Mum, and Tony and Rosie's Channel One.

The other suggestion regarding joining a Ring is good too, as some Clubs are fortunate to have a library which members can borrow from. Ours have over 2,000 books!!!!

I love the Linking Rings..can't even call it a magazine ..more like a small book really, that is full of info. It has a variety of things in it from new effects,biographies,up-coming conventions, and members share card effects too, plus more. I'm sure the others are equally good too, as I've only had the chance to read them a few times but get my LR on a regular basis.

Good Luck in your search. Smile
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I have always been impressed with Jim Sisti's MAGIC MENU..I have gotten it from day 1..and although it is geared towards restaurant work..there is just tons of tricks well suited for close-up..as well as presentation tips..

Eddy
-------------------------------------------------------
Beyond the edge of reality... lives the realm of imagination.
Some people see things as they are and say why?
I dream of things that never were and say -- why not ?
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Magazines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL