The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brand New Anthony Owen Release (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I purchased this when it came out. I think it's poor and I will never use it.

It's just so so boring. So long, uninteresting, lackluster topic, no reason to ever carry a magazine with me... construction took forever, couldn't even find a US magazine for it to fit in the first place...should have been UK based, dull dull dull. The choice of questions / topics are dull too. Should have been something funny like sex positions, and adapted for FHM or something. Cosmopolitan? Who gives a dayum about this magazine?

No hidden surprises, what you buy is what you get, but I don't know why I ever bought this.

Not for me. boring.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Classy..
I've asked to be banned
Steve Jones
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Steve Jones
Hi

Iain, your comment really made me chuckle. Some things are not right for everyone.

Although, now that magicmarkworldwide2 has purchased the effect and understands the special principle there's nothing to stop him - or any other purchasers - making up gaffs for his own use suitable for any magazine, even FHM

And those with an interest in this effect might want to check out the RAVE review for this product from David Regal in the current (Andi Gladwin) issue of Reel Magic. David says "this is super good"!
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
I love this effect and I love this performance of it by Chris Cox with Youtubers Dan and Phil on Anthony's BBC series Killer Magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxB7hADNUg
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
From Chris Cox's performance you can see how the effect can be made even stronger when combined with another method.

Recently Anthony shared another suggestion which he didn't mention in the explanation of this effect that is available to purchasers. You can further strengthen the effect by combining it with one of the many special clipboards which are available that are able to wirelessly send the information which has been written onto them.

Using this technology the spectator who selects the answers A, B or C doesn't have to announce them out loud but writes them down (on the special clipboard).

This information can then be glimpsed by the performer who can turn to the appropriate page in the magazine.

It is only at that time that the spectator announces out loud what their answers were.

That might be too much effort / additional cost for many, but some might find it an interesting approach.
Magicgeek2017
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Magicgeek2017
Anthony also recently passed on a great suggestion by Ben Hart about his effect which he has kindly allowed me to pass on. Ben suggests trimming the gimmicked pages in the magazine slightly shorter on the long edges. This transforms the magazine into a classic "long and short" magazine (ala the classic magic painting book as described in Discoverie of Witchcraft). This way you can flick through the pages to show your audience a 'normal' magazine. And, when the time comes to turn to the necessary gimmicked page, simply keep the pages of the magazine towards yourself and away from the audience and flick to the relevant page. It makes turning to the correct score page much quicker. This will make sense to those of you fortunate enough to have the necessary gimmicks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brand New Anthony Owen Release (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL