The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jon Allen's NEW "Rule of Three" - RULES! :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I gotta tellya, I'm sorta surprised that Jon Allen's new Rule of Three has not been brought up here, it's wonderful. I got a chance to see it performed recently and was blown away by it. Basically, the magi sets up the effect by mentioning the popularity ranking of cards, and he mentions the 2 most popular being the QH and then the AS.

Then a spec is asked as to what card might be the 3rd most popular card in the deck, it's a free choice and that chosen card just so happens to be the right card. WHAT!!! Smile Now, that's miraculous enough but there's more...All the cards in the deck have been numbered on their back as to popularity from 1-52, and the grander amazement is brought to bear when after revealing that the 3rd most popular card just happened to be the chosen card, then it is shown even more as all the other cards are shown to be blank. WOW!!!

I'm telling you, people watching this just couldn't believe it...Me either. Smile

This is an amazing trick, very interactive and I predict will be another big hit for Jon like his classic, Double Back. Smile This guy is a gifted thinker and performer and has struck another gold mine with this new Rule of Three effect. Anyone here doing this yet? It's pretty new and a sure show-stopper. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CytuXsCbL0
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mb217, it's being discussed here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&89

That performance still knocks me out. Jon Allen is an amazing creator and performer!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey thanks Zombie, I must've missed it I guess. Just happen to see it performed and was excited to mention it here. Might've known the card guys would've been all over it out the gate. Really, anything by Jon Allen is worth checking into. I see from the other string, his Rule of Three has garnered a lot of attention, like his other effects including the brilliant Double Back. Smile

Oh well, I guess I'm a bit late to this party but still happy to bring up an effect that's truly a gem (It means I'm on the right track as to things, ya'think?). Smile I hope people keep coming across it here and relaying their experiences with it as I can see that it's a real worker. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 16:48, Mb217 wrote:

...happy to bring up an effect that's truly a gem [and] a worker...

Agreed, Marion. I'm glad you brought this routine back into the limelight.
:)

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mb217, I've worked on it the last 2 days and am bringing it out tonight to perform it. Good to hear you already had success performing it. It's one of the most solid pieces of magic I've ever come across.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been much talk from those that have had it for a while, because it is so clever, beautifully made and simple to do. There's nothing knuckle-busting about it. Jon created a clever deck and routines that took the plot to a new level.

Yes, there are two ways to go with this. The one you see on the video and another that is equally clever. I hadn't decided which way to go, which is why I've taken a couple of days working on it. I think it will boil down to performer preference, because I don't think an audience would notice the difference. What they'll remember is that they named ANY card and the killer blank deck finale.

But, I'm going with Jon's routine from the demo.

More after tonight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jon Allen's NEW "Rule of Three" - RULES! :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL