The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Sorry, the email host address you entered is currently blocked. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Sorry, the email host address you entered is currently blocked.
Every time I try to change my emails from
jonblakeney@optusnet.com.au (old)

to my new one

jon_blakeney@dodo.com.au the above message keeps driving me crazy please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Maby some one on the staff could change it for me?
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Is that a free, web-based E-mail site? The Café doesn't allow those, presumably to curtail the activities of spammers.

Originally, I was hesitant to give my "real," ISP-provided E-mail address to the Café -- but it's become clear they don't give it or sell it to third parties. So the only E-mails you're going to get on your "real" address are notifications that you have a new Private Message from someone on the board. And you don't even get an E-mail notification when the new PM is an ad for a new product.

That's pretty good. There's certainly an argument to be made about why the Café should accept E-mail addresses from free services...but there's also no doubt in my mind that if you give the Café your main E-mail address, it won't be abused. I guess there's always the possibility that this will change, but at the moment, the Café doesn't abuse your E-mail address. At all.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Agreed! And many paid ISPs allow multiple email accounts (Comcast allows up to seven) so it's relatively simple to have an account for different activities. I have one for Scouts, another for Magic, plus a "throwaway" which changes every year or so.

(And this doesn't interfere with the Café's anti-spam plan, since they can see your address directly.)
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
No I pay for it."dodo" is my internet provider,my email and home phone also goes through them
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
It's not always a "free server" that is blocked. I'm not saying this is the case with this provider but if we have multile problems withs a particular server, we'll block it. The tech folks will know for sure.
Where the magic begins
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Thanks Dave.
G Marshall
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of G Marshall
Problem I now have is ive been a member under my university email, ive now left university so I'm losing that email, so now I cannot change it to anything else, I effectively have to buy an email service just to use the magic Café an keep my profile, I mean its ok for now, but one day ill have to change password or something an my uni email will be gone an ill not be able to use the forum unfortunately. I understand new users but if you been a member a little while I think you should be able to change to your chosen email.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The restrictions concerning free servers are in place to partially protect the Café from troll and troublemakers. Not saying you fit that bill, just offering a little explanation. We do make exceptions occasionally if we know you or you have contributed frequently to the Café thus letting us get to know you. You registered last October and since there have asked for name change, posted in one very old topic and now looking to change your email. That doesn't give us much information about you.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Sorry, the email host address you entered is currently blocked. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL