The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Name Tag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I have a special Photoshop file that I need to make into a name tag.

How can I get it printed onto something hard enough to make into a name tag; or if I print it on paper, what is the best thing to mount it onto to make it a name tag.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I found a place in the U.K. that sells plastic badges that you can put a picture in and then place a transparent piece to encase it.

https://www.my-accessories.co.uk/cat--Bl......ges.html

The only thing in the U.S. would be those round buttons that can be assembled. The above is faster and easier.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Thank you Bill.

I did not mention, it is a weird shape, not round or rectangular. I should have mentioned that before. Sorry for the oversight.

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Since it's an odd shape, maybe you can print it out and glue it to a thin piece of wood or plastic and then cut it down to the correct size. Then, glue a pin to the back and spray it with a lacquar spray to seal it.

Mark.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
You might also want to print it out on thick paper and have it laminated. You can then use scissors to cut around the shape of the design. A safety pin glued to the back to put it on your shirt.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Those are both great suggestions. That's what I kind of intended to do but didn't know if there was some great technology that could print it on plastic or something like that.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is companies that print promotional material on mugs, golf tees, etc. They usually do the printing, as you have to order a large quantity like business cards.

Here is a company that prints name tags only as an example.

http://www.medicalartspress.com/full-col......A_171879

Just do a google search under promotional name tags, printing, company, etc. there are a lot of these type of printing companies.

Not knowing what you actually want, I cannot suggest anything further, as if you want the name tag to be in anything other then a circle, square, rectangle, then I look for special cuts or forms.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
Shrinky-dinks type plastic, aka recycle #6 plastic

You can find this plastic in some craft and toy stores. Essentially, you use an inkjet printer (adjust transparency or it will come out too dark), print your design on the sheet, cut it out, and pop it in the oven where it shrinks to about 1/2 size and approximately credit card thickness.

here's one brand:

http://www.amazon.com/Shrinking-Plastic-......011YPRPC

EDIT: that product may not work in an ink jet printer, here's a google search that has products that will:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ink+jet+......irefox-a

Google-search for general instructions and product recommendations.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Quote:
On 2013-06-01 16:16, lin wrote:
Shrinky-dinks type plastic, aka recycle #6 plastic

You can find this plastic in some craft and toy stores. Essentially, you use an inkjet printer (adjust transparency or it will come out too dark), print your design on the sheet, cut it out, and pop it in the oven where it shrinks to about 1/2 size and approximately credit card thickness.

Wow!!! Now how cool is that?!?! I had no idea anything like this was available. Gives me all kinds of ideas!!!

Mark. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Name Tag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL