The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a Harley. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Just remember Danny,90% of all Harley Davidsons are still on the road....The other 10% managed to make it back home.
Take out a little road side assistance mate.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 18:10, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Just remember Danny,90% of all Harley Davidsons are still on the road....The other 10% managed to make it back home.
Take out a little road side assistance mate.

lol. Well, it's not like AMF is making them anymore. In the recent Consumer Report study on motorcycle reliability Harley actually rated better than BMW. However, both ranked behind the Japanese bikes. But yes, I would say roadside assistance is a good idea whether you are driving a bike or a car, regardless of the make.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The place in Milwaukee?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
As for road side assistance. Oh hell yea. I put every mile on ky 2010 Mustang and I have it. No doubt a good idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hmmm I have just found out there is a Harly dealer a mere couple miles away from me .... no I think I am too old. But I might just go and have a look though.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good on ya', Danny! I have a 1200 and it is WAY enough bike for anyone. Enjoy!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It sure is for me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Yes, Milwaukee. The home of Harley! Major celebration for the 110th Anniversary coming up in August including UFC 164 Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown.

http://110.harley-davidson.com/en_US
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea been there. I lived in Chicago and made that pilgrimage. Milwaukee is an interesting town.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Happy riding, Danny. I had many good times when I rode an HD Evo. We used to ride to Sturgis every year in the late nineties. Then one day I took a challenge to ride a friend's Yamaha in an impromptu race around a construction site. It was a real crotch rocket and I managed to jump a ditch, flip over forwards, and fly about forty feet before landing on my back on a pile of dirt. The playing cards I'd had in my jacket pocket showered down around me as my friend, Texas Johnny O' shouted, "Are you dead?"

Fun times.
:eek:
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We apparently differ somewhat on our definitions of the word "fun". LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Well, I didn't get hurt all that badly. (Although walking was difficult for a few days.) The image of the cards showering down around me is stuck in my memory forever.

My biker friends all called me "Crash" after that incident. I never rode a Japanese bike again!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Congrats on your purchase of a Harley. I am not a biker myself, but obviously, the Harley was something you really wanted and worked hard to get, so, congratulations.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 11:40, mastermindreader wrote:
Happy riding, Danny. I had many good times when I rode an HD Evo. We used to ride to Sturgis every year in the late nineties. Then one day I took a challenge to ride a friend's Yamaha in an impromptu race around a construction site. It was a real crotch rocket and I managed to jump a ditch, flip over forwards, and fly about forty feet before landing on my back on a pile of dirt. The playing cards I'd had in my jacket pocket showered down around me as my friend, Texas Johnny O' shouted, "Are you dead?"

Fun times.
:eek:

Is there video of that sir? I'd pay to see that one...
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Thankfully no!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hereafter may I call you Crash?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Why not? Now that you are a Harley rider, it's okay by me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I just wanted it clear from the start it is out of respect. Which is why I always ask.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just bought a Harley. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL