The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception performance demo anywhere? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
I normally find performance videos easily in google. Either the manufacturers site or a dealer or youtube has multiple performances. I can't seem to find even a single video showing this effect. Can anyone point me to a demo?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I believe Triception is a combination of standard gaffs (though the flipper may be of the Double Deception variety?), not an effect in itself.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
It's my understanding (via the website) that Triception is both an effect and (the name for) the set of gaffs (unless I read it wrong).
Mark's handling (of Triception) is on the DVD
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The Triception routine is basically the Oxy-Clean routine by Eric Jones. Very similar and Mark credits Eric. Some differences but the main theme is the same.

Jim
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 00:13, J-Mac wrote:
The Triception routine is basically the Oxy-Clean routine by Eric Jones. Very similar and Mark credits Eric. Some differences but the main theme is the same.

Jim

So, we know Triception IS a routine and not "only" the name of the set of gaffs!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 00:52, Chessmann wrote:
Edit -

Don't know what that means. . .

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
It means "Edit". That means I posted something, then decided it wasn't worth posting. But as you wish to know what was behind it, here is what I had written (and then decided wasn't worth posting):

"We can sleep soundly! Smile Seriously, though, happy to stand corrected."
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Not what I meant, Chessman. No agenda here. You mentioned (at the top) that you believed Triception was not an effect and I was merely stating that it is. Don't take everything so personal. It's not always about you!

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 01:10, afinemesh wrote:
Not what I meant, Chessman. No agenda here. You mentioned (at the top) that you believed Triception was not an effect and I was merely stating that it is. Don't take everything so personal. It's not always about you!

LOL! Look who's talking!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Just tryin to help out the OP

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Sounds good, and you are absolutely correct.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
. . .AND, get a look at the routine as well. If it exists outside of buying the coins and DVD.

FlightRisk
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
294 Posts

Profile of FlightRisk
Thanks! Great info to know this is based on Oxy Clean
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I just went and looked at both routines, and while it shares many similarities, I'm not sure "based on" is the term I'd use in relation to Oxy Clean. IMHO, Eric Jones' routine is more polished and hides the the nature of the gaff better - but you're paying mainly for the gaffs with Triception, and the routines on Jones' DVD set, so that stands to reason. I'd say the Triception routine is more of a demonstration of what might be done.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Triception sets dvd includes a few routines on it but you can do so much more with the arsenal of gaffs in the set. They credit Eric Jones for one of the productions on the routine and you could do oxy-clean routine with the gaffs also. There are some nice holdouts and '' extras'' with the set that are all listed on Marks Site if you click more info on the triception set and scroll down a ways.My opinion, Mark - being an expert pitchman doesn't come across as polished as Eric but the effect is every bit as strong and with a little bit of creativity you can come up with much more than the couple routines between oxy-clean and the triception set routines.

Now, the question is... what to buy? My opinion is Triception Set if for no other reason - you get a NGF next generation flipper rather than a rubber banded one. If you live anywhere near humidity, this is a no brainer and the topic of rubber bands vs elastic has been covered on several other threads here. No matter which way you go, You are still basically ''buying the gaffs'' Tricetion has routines and I don't know if the oxy-clean set comes with a routine so you will probably be dropping another $50 + on an extention of me dvd set. The NGF has a magnet and the shell is shimmed - if this is a problem for an effect you want to perform, use a non shimmed expanded shell, problem solved. The magnet only holds the flipper shut if it is stuck to a shim - otherwise it is a "gravity flipper" so to speak. If you use the shimmed shell the magnetic coin that is also included works as a key to quickly unlock them.

Hope this helps, I have nothing against anyone elses coin gaffs But I have to say, Triception is the best bang for your buck when it is all said and done with the quality gaffs the "extras" for producing and ditching and a dvd with a few routines to get your creative juices going.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Triception performance demo anywhere? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL