The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » My Favorite Dove Show On Stage!!!!!!!!!! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Sperris,
I agree with you. It's all about Care and Respect for the animals.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Agreed as well. some neat ideas but I don't like the doves being "ripped" out. I also feel it becomes evident to the audience that the doves are attached to some kind of line.

I myself stepped back from IH and created a routine with 3 doves and no body steals or IH.

and as mentioned above it really does come down to how we treat our animals.

just my thoughts

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
For the audience a good performed "classic" steal is as spectacular as an IH.
Magic is not about speed, but about elegance!
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
My take is this. There are good magicians and then there are Good magicians that have class... I Love the magic the Magician in the video was doing, some of which was very creative and interesting. But like most I see the hurried pace, the jerky movements - especially the head and eyes it just takes a really good act and knocks it down a couple of notches. It is like he is in a race or trying to cram an effect into every second. Now that may impress some people, but the reality is: if he slowed down on some movements and took out maybe 3 effects his show would come off as 10 times more magical and the audience would actually remember it, because as it is now they (the audience) really have no time to let the magic set in, it is all they can do to keep up with how fast the tricks are whizzing by.... He has world class material and skills he just needs to present it in a world class way.

Now with all that being said there is no doubt that he has real talent. I'll put it this way. There are many diamonds in the world but there is only one hope diamond...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Almost three months since I commented on this (June 20!!!). I finally had time to look at the video.

TEMPO~ It reminded me of MTV (which I don't watch!)

TIMING~ YUK!!! Greg 755 "nailed it". A professional knows when to PAUSE.

I agree with Harry, Fabio DeRose, John Wills, Arnomagie, Sam Sandler, and especially, Dave Scribner, Sperris,and Bill H. --and R Don (except for "kissing the dove" --and, I've explained that in my earlier post!)

At Abbott's GTG, some years ago, a young kid from California was "doing" doves. He dropped a harnessed dove. It hit the floor with a thud. HE KICKED IT OFF INTO THE WINGS. Jaehoon Lim didn't do THAT, but, it wouldn't have surprised me.

Perhaps when the magical freak has been "around" for awhile, and has some maturity, he may understand.

Like the cowboy in the 'old westerns", who watered and fed his horse FIRST, my doves got top treatment. (Those two doves gave me EIGHT MINUTES of LAUGHS, and APPLAUSE! (almost 20% of the program!) When it was 20 below zero in North Dakota (I was still using a station wagon, in those early days) I left the motor running and the heater on HIGH, while I had breakfast in a restaurant in the morning.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Channing Pollock is still the American point of departure. (Remember neither the Doves nor the Silk are native to America. Look to India.)

My personal favorite is Mercer Helms, the very first HBO magician. However in my 53 years of professional magic I have met a lot of fabulous dove workers. It has been an honor and my pleasure.

Respect for the animal partners in our magic acts ranks high with me. In fact, I produced the first "Broken Perch" ceremony for a deceased animal used in magic. She was also the World's Oldest Living Chicken from Guinness World Records. She spent 16 years jumping from a dove pan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_%28......Ceremony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_%28chicken%29

Having been raised as a cowboy, I guess I believe in taking care of the horse that got you here. Lucy and I live on Magic Valley Ranch with our horses, doves and other animals. Doves deserve respect too. The world will be watching how you treat them.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicalmoi
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicalmoi
Not bad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » My Favorite Dove Show On Stage!!!!!!!!!! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL