The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capture by Luke Dancy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
After reading all of the comments regarding "begins clean and ends clean" and Penguin's response, I think the most positive thing to come out of this is that on this forum and in advertising, "words matter."
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Bernardo,

I like the idea of showing the quarter on the screen and then pushing it into the screen
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Xcath1,

Thank You!! I'm uploading my new version using Luke Dancy's awesome concept tomorrow... I think everyone will love that.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
How good is the bonus from Penguin? If it really shows you a good way to make a replacement gimmick, pretty ridiculous that it was not included on the DVD.

Yet another reason why local magic shops are going to have a harder time to compete.

I bought this from a great local place based on their recommendation that despite the fact that it was produced by magicplace that it was a really good trick. I agree, but am annoyed by the fact that I don't get to see how to make replacement gimmicks.

Did anyone else feel that they took over an hour to make what should have been a 10 (maybe 20) minute explanation DVD?
draholdski
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of draholdski
Bart, I'm very happy with Capture, great effect and a reasonable price. I had a bit of a problem prepping a gimmick so I am going to make some more tonight. If all goes well I will give you some tips on making them. I'm guessing Penguin might provide the extra download for you but don't take my word for it.
draholdski
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of draholdski
Just made some extra gimmicks. Very easy and very cheap ($2.00).
magictouch33
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magictouch33
Can anyone tell me if there are Capture gimmicks for UK coins yet.

Thank you for any help and advice anyone can provide.
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
I realize now how not including the gimmicks in UK currency was a poor decision and I apologize to all of my friends across the pond for not being better prepared.

If anyone needs help getting this to work in the UK I'm more than happy to lend a hand as this will work in any country.

Thanks for all the support over the last year with Capture, it means a lot guys!

luke
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I've been waiting, too, for a UK currency gimmick.
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
Forgive the bump of an old thread, but recently picked this up (and love it) and came poking around hoping someone had come up with a way to make or purchase replacement gimmicks for when, inevitably, the one I use 99% of the time gets lost or damaged. I’m gathering that there were instructions for making “refills” circulating at some point, but not with the copy I bought—anyone who’s got them feel like doing a mitzvah and hitting me with a PM? I expect I could come up with a way to roll my own with a little work, but rather not reinvent the wheel if they’re out there already.
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
When CAPTURE was created and released (in 2013), there was no habit of putting layers on mobile phones to protect them from falling and breaking screen. So the effect was very practical, perfect! From time to time all wear (atualy in 2018) covers on the cell phones (at least the vast majority) and these covers have a protruding edge of approx. 1 mm on the screen, precisely to protect if the cell phone falls on the floor and the glass does not directly touch the ground .. For this detail makes it very difficult to present CAPTURE at the end when we need to run the gimmick to the edge of the phone and transform seemingly virtual image of the coin "inside" the screen to turn it back into a real coin !! (because the raised edge of the hood does not allow the gimmick to slide out of the phone). The solution today is to choose a cell without a hood or remove the cover before the presentation of the effect with the viewer's cell phone .... Or use the magician's own cell phone .... but in this case, if it is to use the magician's cell phone has app that guarantee even a better effect .... with signed currency !!!
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Capture by Luke Dancy (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL