The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C. Repair? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
I realize this will be a thread of PM's in order to not expose secrets. I have already emailed Mr. Tango, but would also like to know if any of you have fixed any issues on your own. I did not buy it from Tango or a dealer, and refund is not an option; so I'm seeking any way I can to keep it from being an expensive paperweight. If you have, let's talk!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
What's the issue with it? What do you want to repair?
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

@Shakuni: PMing you.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

FYI- Mr. Tango replied as follows:

"wow, what happen with this TUC. Somebody put his hand there. Sorry, but is not possible to repair it ."
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Sent you a reply!

And yes, it will be very difficult to repair.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I got your pics.This tuc has been damaged to the point
of not being repaired.Someone didn't know what they were doing
when they were trying to adjust it.Sorry Stephon
Todd
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Well my problem is solved (so to speak) as I totally ruined mine trying to fix it. But I learned several valuable lessons for only $50: A) don't believe everything you read. B) buy only from dealers unless you know the seller. C) a third beer allows you to truly laugh at your tragic situation.
Thanks to all who gave input and advice. You are truly what makes the brotherhood of magic special. Now on to new adventures...
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Stephon, if that is only $50 loss you take in magic that ends up in the junk count yourself fortunate indeed!

After 60+ years of purchasing over the counter, in auctions and by internet I have come to the conclusion that books are the only way of avoiding disappointment and sometimes books also disappoint.

Sorry for your loss. If you pay via Paypal you can get satisfaction but not if you try to fix it yourself. That third beer is fine idea that I will try...next time I make a bad buy.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 21:19, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Well my problem is solved (so to speak) as I totally ruined mine trying to fix it. But I learned several valuable lessons for only $50: A) don't believe everything you read. B) buy only from dealers unless you know the seller. C) a third beer allows you to truly laugh at your tragic situation.
Thanks to all who gave input and advice. You are truly what makes the brotherhood of magic special. Now on to new adventures...

Now there's some good advice. Don't believe everything you read. Interesting... because I'm the person who sold that TUC to that other person in California... and it was in perfect condition when it left my hand. And to top that out... I not only know the seller, I was with him the day he put the TUC into the mailer and dropped it into the mail... headed your way. And after that I left his house and headed over to my brother-in-laws condo... who I was staying with during a business trip to San Francisco (your seller and my brother-in-law live in the same town).

And I saw the pictures that you so kindly sent to me... that TUC was never in that condition when I owned it and I know I saw a perfectly good TUC placed in the mail to you.

And this much I know for sure... I am one of the most trusted sellers on the Café that has come along in a LONG time (Actually I've been a member since 2001)... and when I say I know the providence of this coin you purchased... you can take that to the bank.

And I believe you will recognize this sentence "Received items today in great shape."

To say I'm rather annoyed would be an insult to the idea of MAD.

If you want to discuss this further with me... I can fill you in on some more of the details... click on PM.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Listen Al, I accepted my situation and was trying to make the best of it, and find a solution. I lost $50 on a bad deal, and I'll take it like a man and move on. But since you choose to make it personal (something you seem to have a penchant for) let me enlighten you a bit...
You quoted me on my initial response to the seller of saying "Received items today in great shape" which I sent from my iPhone just after getting the package in pristine condition, checking the contents to see if everything was there, and sitting it aside until the weekend.
I had never seen a TUC coin before, so what did I know? And I would be willing to give ANYONE the benefit of the doubt and allow that "just maybe" an item got damaged in transit. But the fact that the package was pristine, and contained the TUC DVD in a thin jewel case which didn't have a crack or scratch, left me questioning: "How could this coin sustain an impact (perfectly centered in fact) in transit that would deform it this much and not damage the jewel case?" Simple: It couldn't.
I watched the DVD to learn how to operate the coin and it was then that I found it would not do what was demonstrated on the DVD. Closer examination revealed why it would not. I PM'd your friend asking for a refund, and that I would return the items immediately, and he refused.
So here I am, trying to make the best of a bad situation with this thread, which you have seen fit to make a personal vendetta AND muddy the waters for your friend on the Café.
Yes, I just joined the Café this year and not back in 2001. You might be one of the most trusted sellers on the Café, but YOU didn't sell this coin to me.
You might have known the condition of the coin when you sold it, but unless you looked this coin over carefully before it was shipped to me by your friend (and why would you do that?) then you wouldn't have seen anything either. Honestly, I didn't see anything to give me pause when I opened it and looked at the items casually either, it was only when closely and carefully handling it that it became evident.
Is my life so dull that I have to go trying to bilk someone for $50, and incite a battle of wits with "Mr. Belvedere"? I think NOT!
I admire your standing up for your comrade. Well done, Al. Now let's "let it go"...and follow somemore of my good advice: Have a Beer, and move on to New Adventures!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Well said!!! Al is always trying to pick a fight on here...Thats one thing I can definitely count on from him....always a snide remark!
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 00:21, Trooper11040 wrote:
Well said!!! Al is always trying to pick a fight on here...Thats one thing I can definitely count on from him....always a snide remark!

Except for the fact that there was no insults intended on my part. I was recounting facts. I decided to get involved in this dispute because I was involved. And Mr. Johnson can ponder different reasons why my story is dodgy, but he wasn't in there and he's shooting in the dark. And you're opinion on my style of banter is just that, you're opinion.

What you can always count on me for is the truth... even if you find that distasteful.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On 2013-06-18 00:14, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Listen Al, I accepted my situation and was trying to make the best of it, and find a solution...

[snip]

Now let's "let it go"...and follow some more of my good advice: Have a Beer, and move on to New Adventures!

I already have "let it go." I said what I had to say. And thanks for your offer... but I don't drink.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Stephon, I have a TUC quarter dollar that I bought to try out before I decided to drop almost $100 on a walking liberty half TUC. I liked it and I went on and got the walking liberty coin. In the spirit of "Magicians Helping Magicians" if you PM me your address, I will be happy to send the TUC Quarter to you in perfect working order (barely played with ) FREE of Charge. At least you will have something to use along with the dvd you got and salvage about a $45 (retail value) out of your loss. Although the title of "Most Trusted Seller" has already been taken, I would rather just be known as a genuinely nice person haveing done things like this in the past. Shoot me off your address and I will mail it out tomorrow to ya. No problem. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Poof,
Although I am touched and humbled by your gesture, I will decline with thanks. If not for you and others who seek to "love your neighbor as yourself" on this forum; I would never consider continuing membership. Thanks again, you made my day with your post!
Praying for you too!
Steph
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Thanks to Vampiro and his time, talent and kindness: I may end up with a working TUC soon. Whether he is successful or not, he and Poof are tops on my list for offering their help! Thanks guys!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Thanks for the kind words but rest assured if Vampiro is unsuccessful, my offer still stands. the T U C is an ingenious gaff that everyone should at least try out. Absolutely no offense to mr Tango but this gaff has finally made Tango a "player" in the gaff market where I had not been a big fan in the past. I am All In at this point with this great and versatile gaff.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Poof -Daddy that was awesome of you. You are truly an inspiration. Smile
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Oh,, my address is... lol.
:)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C. Repair? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL