The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library show dvd/books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
I was looking for any good dvds or books on performing at libraries. I saw Ken Scotts has a Dvd and also KIDabras Library Session dvd, would it be worth it to get both or which one should I start with or any suggestions on books or dvds would be great thank you.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Danny Orleans Art of entertaining children I think its called
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Are you asking about marketing to libraries, performing at libraries, or are you asking how to do a kids magic show?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
I just ordered Danny Orleans DVD set and yes I am asking for marketing and performing at libraries. I have a kid show that I perform regularly at birthday parties for ages 3-7.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Get Ken's DVD. He does a million libraries and knows this field extremely well. You won't regret it
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
Ken's Dvd will be on order. Thanks for the advice.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Tommy James has a DVD on Read to Achieve, which like all of his material, you should find to be a great help.
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
The Tommy James dvd looks real good too, will have to pick that up as well, Thank you.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sent you a PM ...
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You can go to the Kidabra convention, and talk to both Danny, and Ken in person.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
After sleeping on this question I realized that Ken Scott, Danny Orleans, and Tommy James will all be at kidabra hawking their wares. You can do an on the spot comparison if you wish.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
One person that no one seemed to mention was Jim Kleefeld. The guy creates shows specifically for libraries.
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of T.House
I second Jim Kleefeld. Every year he comes out with a new CD-rom with tricks designed around the national library reading theme for that year.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Another person is Christopher T. Magician.

He is currently offering a two part download, plus bonuses for a small donation of $10 called, The Super Secret Episode. I was absoluety blown away with the info on the over 2 hours of video. Not only is he one seriously funny guy, but he's highly entertaining to watch. Plus, he is a genius when it comes to adapting tricks for any occasion. Do yourself a favour and check it out. You won't regret it.

You can find a thread about it here in The Little Darlings section, and read all the raving reviews.

I would post the link but I am currently using my phone to type this post.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
You could also chat with my friend Eric - The Great Zucchini. He's been doing regular library gigs for years and chimes in here all the time.

Ironically, I just sat in on his show with my 5 year old daughter earlier this week at a local library where he did back to back shows and had lines wrapped around the building to see him. He's a natural! And looking at his schedule on his web site, he has at least 2 more library gigs coming up over the following week.
Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
Wow all this is really good stuff and is a ton of help, I really appreciate all the tips and ideas.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Ken's DVD is very good. He shares how to approach the business end as well as a live performance. I focus on this market. I found it to be one that quickly grows because librarians talk to each other across library systems. Unless you are a local star (like Zucchini), you will probably have to prepare a specialized show to fit the theme (at least if you want a lot of shows throughout the summer months). I also got a few ideas from Tommy James DVD on how to encorporate learning into my show.
Arthur Stead's musical offering for libraries is a great way to incorporate the yearly Summer Reading theme into your show. I used it all last year and several times so far this year. It is very well received.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-06-22 23:49, charliecheckers wrote:

Arthur Stead's musical offering for libraries is a great way to incorporate the yearly Summer Reading theme into your show. I used it all last year and several times so far this year. It is very well received.

I can not find it on his website Charlie. What it the exact title?
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Dynamite - it is a seasonal offering that comes out a bit before the summer reading program.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Charlie. I understand now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library show dvd/books (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL