The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to buy custom organizers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Anyone know where I can get a custom organizer built for a lid?

Something similar to this:
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/peli......zer.html

Thanks for your help!

-Kevin
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Kevin
This may be too simplistic for your needs - have you seen the line of "Grid-it" organizers? Here's a link to one size at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cocoon-CPG10BK-GRI......=grid-it

The grid of elastic bands is very flexible (in more ways than one). Perhaps you could velcro it in place against the lid of your case.

Larry S.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Larry,
Great idea. I use a "grid-it" for all of my audio stuff (adapters, batteries, cords, etc.) but I'm looking something with zipper pouches, etc.

Thanks for sharing!
Kevin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I sewn my own using felt, cut each pocket to size for the props I would be using, and hand sewn it onto a larger piece of felt. My briefcase had a file folder on the inside lid that snapped up. So I glued the felt pockets to the outside of the file folder. No need to make them loose, as felt will stretch a little for tricks like Jumping Gems sticks. I ran strips across and sewn them for smaller items.

Inside the briefcase I cut balsawood and cut slits so they would lock together. Again customized for the trick props. Covered the wood with felt. Only took a few hours and it was all done. I uses an inexpensive briefcase that cost less them $20. Looked really nice and very professional. Best of all, I only had to lift the lid and select the trick for presentation.

I took it to the local magic club meeting, and the reaction I got from the guys, I wish I would have made more.

Later I found it much better to use a briefcase that had a detachable lid, and became a working surface.
Torque75
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Torque75
You might check Harbor Freight, they had something similar at one time.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
A lot depends on the size organizer that you want. Check Pelican cases or Platt cases. They are actually tool case manufacturers but they sell the pallets (organizers) individually. Unfortunately, they are not cheap. Bill's idea might be the best way to go for a custom size.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Google "Hanging Organizer" you will see many choices, but you would have to adapt/modify them. They aren't customizable by nature.

If I was doing something like this, I would find several inexpensive hanging organizers with pocket sizes I liked. I would get some adhesive velcro and cut apart the organizers with scissors, put the hook part on the back of each organizer and then line my lid with something the velcro would stick to. Then I could place the organizers wherever I wanted on the lid.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to buy custom organizers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL