The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » VideoMind material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Yeah, mag------- cho----
doesn't really work for audiences who have grown "smarter" nowadays. Smile

Blaine does it though during his Lotto Winning trick.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-12-09 17:11, David Le wrote:
Yeah, mag------- cho----
doesn't really work for audiences who have grown "smarter" nowadays. Smile

Then you should see Maven do it. Magician's Choice works just as well these days as it ever has. It has always depended on the proficiency of the performer.

DJ, I don't recall any of the effects being based on statistics. Some methods are psychologically trickier than others, but the performer is always under control of the situation.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
That's good....I may have to put these on my x-mas list. I use MC in my ungimmicked ID routine. Really simple.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
The only tricks I know that are based on statistics are those Blaine-style ones where you let someone think of a number between 1-50 but both digits are odd digits, and different digits.....

are you thinking of one??

Good. Watch. Okay watch. Look. Watch. Watch. Look.

37? Smile

hmmmmm....... I wonder if there are any Prediction effects in VideoMind that don't use stooges, nail writers or multiple outs.
:worry:

:)
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2003-12-10 05:33, David Le wrote:

hmmmmm....... I wonder if there are any Prediction effects in VideoMind that don't use stooges, nail writers or multiple outs.
:worry:

:)

There are no stooges, nail writers or multiple outs whatsoever!

Sven
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
I may be wrong on a defination of "multiple outs" but some on the dvd's have many outs.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I have seen this series. I find Max himself very entertaining but I didn't like much of the material. It wasn't for me. There is nothing on any of the tapes that particularly grabbed me or came across as powerful
or convincing.

Its just my opinion but they left me very unexcited...

Smile

I agree with the above poster if you want awsome material go for Osterlind it is THE best buy Ive ever made in mentalism.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have two of Osterlind's DVDs and Volume one of Maven.

The two effects I prefer of Maven's are Autome book test and Kurotsuke. I agree that it is Max who makes these effects fabulous. From what Ive seen, Osterlind's has stronger effects in general. (although Autome seems very good) Smile
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Mockingbird is one of his better effects on those tapes. its on tape 1
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I agree Mockingbird is good for mentalism using cards. After Osterlind's BCS though, Im looking at learning other effects not involving cards. BCS is just too good:)
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
I've seen Videomind 2...close up mentalism, and it's very average. Nothing special. You get your money's worth.

The Osterlind series is much better value in my humble opinion.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
For me, the Autome Book Test was worth the investment in the entire series. I use it quite a bit.

Perhaps the real value of the series is the opportunity to watch Max perform. His handling of the audience, his use of language, and his ability to make everything he does interesting and entertaining is worth much more that any particular trick. But, there are certainly some good ones in this series. One of the better video releases in the last few years in my opinion.

I also like the Osterlind series... a lot!

Dennis Loomis
http://www.loomismagic.com
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yup, I agree Autome is awesome as far as a book test is concerned. Phil is very talented. I am now curious about earlier material that he released.
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
Max Maven / Phil (to his mates) is a bloody genius. As said earlier if he was to put out all his contributions to the world of magic it would never get released as it wouldn't be finished before we all pass away!! Saying that he has given us the incredible Brids of Prey Series I have so far used the mockingbird and the hawk both absoulute stunners it's the shuffeling that gets 'em!! Smile
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2003-12-28 11:04, mattisdx wrote:
Mockingbird is one of his better effects on those tapes.

I was initially very excited about this effect, but have had a significant problem 75% of the time when I practice. Either I don't understand the principle properly, or it seems to me this effect depends on locating a spectator who does a near-perfect riffle shuffle.

The last time I practiced the Mockingbird, when I got to the stage where 4 packets are used, 3 out of the 4 packets would have rendered the effect null and void.

I hope I'm not being too obscure/oblique. Let me know if you can't follow what I'm saying.

Quote:
On 2004-03-04 11:48, dgcuff wrote:

Either I don't understand the principle properly, or it seems to me this effect depends on locating a spectator who does a near-perfect riffle shuffle.

Okay, never mind. The problem was neither. The problem was that I am a yutz.

I went back and watched the video--during which Maven comes right out and says that a sloppy riffle shuffle works just fine--and caught the error I had been making. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » VideoMind material (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL