The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Feeling sad today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Met a beautiful woman in January and we have had a nice dating run. Unfortunately it became obvious fairly early in getting to know each other that she has a pretty significant mental illness along the lines of paranoid delusions. I worked around it to the best of my ability, trying to be supportive without feeding into her delusions. I knew the whole time that she was not going to be capable of a serious relationship so I have been keeping my heart in check.

Last night I finally approached the subject of her seeing a psychiatrist and as expected it did not go well.

I'm not sad in the traditional sense of a romance coming to an end (well, a little of course), but rather from seeing someone so sweet and amazing suffering from a serious illness. We spoke today and she told me that I was the last one she could talk to about what is happening to her (or that she perceives is happening) and that she will just not talk to anyone about it any more. So, the chances of her seeking help seem slim at best.

She is the first woman I've seriously dated since losing my wife to cancer in 2011 and it's a downer to once again find out that someone I care a great deal for has a serious illness. I'm glad I did what I had to do by suggesting she seek help, and actually relieved that the dating is over so I can move on. The outcome was inevitable, but I just hate seeing someone in such pain.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
So sorry to hear that.

For what it's worth...

You're a good person to feel this way.

Most would've walked away at the first signs.

And....

I hope she is not a danger to herself or others.

In which case, some kind of authority should be notified imo...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Hi Bro...

There are no accidents within the makeup of the Universe...so you're paths crossing met that both she and you would take something positive away from the times you both shared. We are all teachers and students to each other...so believe that your magic touched her in some way even though you may never know...as her magic has touched you.

All the Best,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Walking away was doing the right thing (and it sounds like you did it in the right way).

Yes, it is tough having a relationship you had hope for come to an end...but count yourself lucky you found out BEFORE a possible marriage. Some people were not so fortunate, and have paid DEARLY for it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Feeling sad today (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL